Winter came early this time

"They are here early it means winter is approaching sooner this time" he turned around to see her gazing at the white swans gliding gracefully in the nearby pond. 

'I thought they lived here throughout the year' he pretended to show more interest although he was completely lost in her warm presence.

"They migrate from further north each year during the end of Autumn, this year they came a little early", she gave him a confused look when he saw her smile.

'Do you keep a record of specific things that happen in every season? How is it possible to know everything about every season' his boyish giggles were unstoppable till splash of cold water made his face wet. It was her turn to giggle,

"Bumpkins from metropolis like you will never understand the change of seasons" her giggles came to a stop when her eyes met those fiery ones as he wiped his face with one of his large hands. She gulped slowly,

'Be careful Zoya or else I will take you away from this beautiful place of yours to my bustling city and never let you leave.' 

His voice was dangerously low as he advanced nearer to her,

"Aap se toh koi normal baat bhi kar nahin sakte," her childish frown was the most endearing sight for him especially when her nostrils flaired in anger.

'Tum mujhe normal rehne ki wajah toh doh' he knew he was pushing limits but somehow could not help it.

"Hum ja rahe hai aap ki pagalpan humari samajh ke baahar hai" Zoya was about to leave but he called out.

'Pooja had an abortion and I had no clue about it'. His sudden confession threw her off guards for a while. Zoya turned towards him in silence expecting him to continue.

'I know you were shattered when Pooja's pregnancy with Yash's child was revealed to us, believe me I was too.' Even the memory of that painful moment when she came to know about the truth hurt her severely.

'Everything that has happened to us in the last few months is a complete nightmare Zoya, Pooja's death her affair with Yash and then the divorce papers followed by that pregnancy revelation messed me up so much.' Zoya for the first time saw his distinct jawline clenched tightly.

"Aditya you don't need to continue it's alright". She tried to calm him down, his eyes remained closed as he continued leaning on the big oak tree while she stood nearby.

He opened his eyes after a few minutes and smilingly offered her his hand when she did not take it he got hold of the edge of her dupatta still smiling childishly when she gave him a confused stare. 

'But there was brightness at the other end of the tunnel I always knew about it and I became more confident when the source of that light clutched my hand one night and ran with me throughout the forest blindly trusting me.' Aditya could see blush creep through her cheeks just as the evening sun kissed the everything on it's reach. He tugged the dupatta a little making her come closer to the oak tree and they both sat down leaning their backs on the tree. 

'When Sakshi ma told me about Pooja losing our baby because I told her I was not prepared to be a father I hated myself. She handed me Pooja's diary and I realized what a blunder I committed misinterpreting friendship as love. But could you blame a man who lost his happiness at siixteen because his father abandoned his family to not wanting to grow up.' 

She sat silently grieving for the sixteen years old lost boy.

"When did you come to know about her diary?" Zoya did not know why she asked that question.

'You remember that time when little Aaliyah came to visit you for the first time I was so jealous of everyone around you. I wanted to grab you in my arms and not let anyone touch you including that little cherub." He could sense her smiling and blushing although he could not see her face clearly.

'I realised that I was losing my sanity gradually over a woman who was battling a life threatening disease and most probably did not love me back.' Zoya opened her mouth to utter something but did not know exact what she was about to say.

'Me being my typical self gulped a bottle of bourbon and cursed Pooja for everything, had she not left I would never have to cross paths with you miss Zoya Siddiqui and my sanity would remain intact. The very next morning I received a call from Sakshi ma and we had a long talk she even sent me Pooja's diary through courier.' Aditya stretched his legs a little and turned towards Zoya as if waiting for some reaction.

Aditya Hooda was stunned when he felt Zoya Siddiqui's sleek cold fingers slowly interlaced into his hard ones. It was for the first time that Zoya had initiated a physical touch. 

" I am sorry for your loss Aditya I am so sorry" her husky voice held so much of sincerity in it.

The evening star could already be seen in the sky, Zoya clasped her knees to her chest due to the chilling weather while draping her thick dupatta around her like a shawl.

'Feeling cold? Let's go inside' he said softly while gently rubbing her chin with his right knuckles.

'Zoya whatever I have lost till now does not even count in front of my loss if anything happens to you. I don't care if you still have feelings for Yash, It hardly matters to me if you love me back or not but don't you dare leave.' 

"Aditya aap..." she could not continue for he gently placed his finger on her soft lips their foreheads touching naturally.

'Aur ek baat mera pagalpan tumhe toh kya mujhe khudh samaj mein nahin aata. Good night Zoya.'

With heavy breath hanging in the evening air he left her feeling holow and complete at the same time.