Chapter 15:A Night At The Lunarium:Part 1:At The Center Of The Three Moons

This Part Of The Story Is Told Through The Perspective Of:Sally

  My eyes open to reveal that I'm standing in the middle of a dark corridor.The light of a lantern in my left hand shines only onto the red marble tiles of the floor,and the yellow irises painted on the navy blue walls.

  A terrible,guttural croaking,I hear behind me.And I sprint down the hallway and turn a corner without looking back.

  I tear down the next hallway,desperately searching for a hiding place.Behind me,metallic claws rapidly scrape against the tiled floor.

  I turn down more and more corners,more and more hallways.Till I see a dark oak door nearby in front of me.I quicken my pace to it,and close my self behind the door,and into the dark closet behind it,with clothes of all colors and sizes,which I pile on top of me,hoping to hide as just a pile messy clothes.

  The scrapes of the metallic claws against tile grow closer and louder.

  And eventually,a claw scratches the wooden door.

  With that,I jolt awake!

***

  Though my nightstand's clock reads 2AM,I feel the urge to dress myself,which I do so with a green skirt,a chocolate brown trenchcoat,and a yellow beret.I sling my katana onto my right shoulder,head out of my room,into the hallway,and walk out onto the deck as the ship begins to groan.

  The groaning continues as I walk to the Captain's control console,located where the Captain's wheel should be.Louis is on the other side of the console,messing with a dial.

  I look all around the space surrounding The Maiden,and I'm instantly in awe!

  The starboard of the ship faces three large spheres which look to be moons.The left and middle one,a dark grey,and the the right one,a gleaming white.

  And at the center of the three moons,is a large lighthouse,which sits upon a black mass of rock.

  "Nice hat,"comments Louis.About time he noticed me.

  "OK,literally,where in the world are we?"

  "Well,firstly,welcome,to the Zipman arm of the great yellow galaxy of Vortolo!The thing over there that looks as though it's a lighthouse is The Lunarium.Though out of use and abandoned,twas once one of my people's greatest centers of knowledge,particularly astronomy and the studies of the moons surrounding it."

  "What's so important about three moons?"I inquire.

  "Well,look around,do you see anything besides the moons and The Lunarium?"

  I shrug my head.No.

  "Well congrats,you just figured out the significance of it all.With the significance being the mystery surrounding the three moons.The three moons,besides The Lunarium,are the only things that have ever been in this part of Vortolo galaxy.No one knows how the moons got here,or even how they were created."

  Louis gives the dial a good spin,and The Gold Maiden quickly floats towards The Lunarium.

  "How long's The Lunarium been abandoned?"I probe.

  "Oh,about five millenium."

  "Damning,quite long.Why'd it come to being abandoned?"

  "No one knows.The Kusharan Council never stated why,just said it was gonna be abandoned.Of course the people questioned why no true answer was ever given and made up their conspiracies.But The Council just either denied the arguments,or denied everything concerning the matter."

  "So,lemme guess,you want to see what really happened?And whether or not a certain one of those conspiracies was right?"

  "Quite so."

  "And what certain conspiracy is that?"I ask.

  The ship so lightly bumps against the black mass rock upon which sits The Lunarium,looming over even the ship's tallest mast,but only by just a little.

  "Hmm,"ponders Louis."With all other being asleep,how about you and I take on this adventure for the Hell of it?What do ya say?"

  He presses a button,and I hear the whirring of the ladder at the bow of the ship stretching down to meet the rock of The Lunarium.

  "Alright,that would be nice!For old time's sake!"

  Mysteriously enough,I remember he never answered my question...