Chapter 19: Mermaiden Rescue

After Nate and Katie talked to their parents about staying in Harrisville again later that day, they got on the train and discussed whether to stop at Harrisville or San Fantasico first.

"What's San Fantasico like? I've never been there before."

"It's pretty much a fishing town, Whisper."

The Yo-kai butler nodded and said,

"I used to go to fishing villages a lot before my imprisionment. Mostly because Shogunyan liked to fish in his spare time."

Whisper pulled up a map of San Fantasico and softly hummed as he tapped the locations they needed to head to when they got there.

"Do you know which cave Mermaiden's statue is in?"

"Assuming that Toiletta wasn't messing with me when I asked her, Mermaiden's statue is most likely in the same cave where we can fight the Ben Tover we need for the other upgrade."

The group wondered if there was any strong Yo-kai in that cave, which would explain Predictabul's warning about being prepared to fight when they rescued Mermaiden.

"Did we make up our minds about where we're going yet?"

"Oh, right. We're going to San Fantasico first. We're already talking about it and there's Yo-kai we'll have to fight, which will take up most of the afternoon. After that, we'll go to Harrisville for the night and free the statues there tomorrow after we've rested up."

"Very well. It'll give you two time to figure out how we're going to free Gnomey tomorrow."

Oh, right. Totally forgot about freeing Gnomey.

As soon as the train got into the San Fantasico station, the group got out and after looking over the map on Whisper's tablet, they tracked down the places they had to go in order to find the Chummer, Chansin, and Ben Tover they needed to fight in order to get to B Rank.

*****

After tracking down and fighting Chansin and Chummer, they headed towards the cave where Ben Tover and supposedly Mermaiden's statue was located.

"There's a C Rank Watch Lock Door here. Good thing Mr. Goodsight gave us that upgrade orb. This is going to be a piece of cake."

As the Watch Lock Door disappeared, Whisper said,

"Don't get your hopes up yet. If Mermaiden's statue is here, there's Predictabul's warning to think about."

With that thought in mind, they carefully made their way into the cave.

"There's Mermaiden!"

Whisper pointed towards the center of the cave where they were able to see the statue, which was surrounded by water.

"Great! We just have to get over there, free Mermaiden, and be on our way!"

"Battle. There's still a battle we have to deal with. Well, two since we have to find Ben Tover and fight him as well, asuming we can find him."

The group seemed to be the only ones in the cave and as they carefully walked along the somewhat slippery path, the only things they were able to hear was the water dripping from the stalactites, the water lapping around them, and their footsteps echoing along the cave walls. It gave the group an eerie feeling, like they were about to walk into Terror Time, but somehow worse.

"There's Mermaiden's statu! Let's just free her and get out of here as quickly as possible!"

They approached the statue and looked all around, Nate and Katie shining their Yo-kai Watches to check for hidden danger as Whisper fumbled with the bottle of Rock-Away Extract, but before he could sprinkle any of it onto Mermaiden's statue, they heard a booming voice, which was made worse with the echoes of the cave.