» 02.

"i-i, i am so sorry!" louis flushed deep red at this embarrassing moment in time. ashleigh hadn't moved since the 'moment', but suddenly she erupted with laughter causing louis' face to turn beetroot now. ashleigh was finding someone burping in her face hilarious- yeah that's not normal.

"don't worry about it. in new york i've had worse happened to me. hey! you just talked to me - it's a miracle!" she starts giggling and smiling like a loon which leaves louis looking quite confused.

"american people are so weird." he mumbles under his breath, fortunately she didn't hear though.

"so, how you doing, lou?" ashleigh gives him a big smile, showing off her pearly white teeth. louis seems dazzled but of course chooses against talking to her. Instead he gets to his feet and walks as quickly as possible away from her. what he doesn't realise though is that she was a sprinter back in new york, so she begins chasing him as fast as she can.

"louis!?"

louis starts to pick up speed, moving as fast as his thin legs will take him. but it isn't enough. she grabs hold of his wrist and he lets out a high pitched scream.

a sixteen year old boy screaming as if he was a girl. attractive much?

she starts laughing at this and he begins to shake with fright washing over him. it wasn't a pleasant sight. ashleigh didn't know what to do so she did the completely wrong thing and touched his shoulder, her thinking that she was comforting him but he thought she was trying to strangle him. all she wants to do is make a friend, why did she pick louis? there has to be a decent logical reason as to why. louis screams again, with such a higher pitch now that ashleigh was surprised that the ballet studio mirrors hadn't cracked yet.

two adults came bursting through the doors, the headmaster and the pe teacher. they both looked compleltly confused of the whole situation but tried their best to calm louis down; however nothing was working and they were down to the last option.

call louis' mother.

joanna tomlinson, the sweet hardworking lady she is was so loyal to her son that she drove a fifteen minute journey in three minutes, which may seem impossible but she was pretty certain she must've gone through about five red lights. it was worth it though. she loved her son more then anything. she instantly wrapped her arms around him and held him there against her chest until she felt his breathing rate slowing down. she smiled to herself when that finally happened.

"who did this? who did this to my son?" she glared at the three people in the room as if they were all guilty for a crime and both adults instantly pointed at ashleigh without a second thought. if looks could kill, ash would be dead. louis shielded behind his mother who would protect him until god wanted her up in the heavens above. hopefully not any time soon. it was louis' last year in secondary school anyway. college is next. more new people, strangers that could hurt louis. scare him. frighten him.

"i-i am, i am so sorry mrs tomlinson-"

"MISS tomlinson actually. what's your name?" joanna butted in abruptly, not showing any sympathy or liking towards this young girl who looked like her face was crippling as if she was about to cry in a few seconds.

"um, asheligh mckenzine, i'm new here." " ashleigh
mumbled sheepishly, trying her best to look innocent so she could get on joanna's good side.

"well miss mckenzie i will warn you once, and hopefully that will mean i won't need to again, do not go anywhere near my son. if you do, the consequences will be quite severe. i don't care if you're new or if you're old. don't touch my son. ever." joanna threatens and with a quick glance at louis in hope that he would defend her instead of hiding behind his mother, ashleigh finally sighs lightly and nods her head in defeat.

however louis doesn't feel right.

++

"lou, how are you feeling dear? she didn't touch you did she?" joanna had taken louis home after an eventful few hours. he was mentally drained and despite how much he wanted to rest, all that filled his head while he lied on his bed... was asheligh.

"tired mum. thanks for saving me today, she didn't touch me. i'm glad she didn't. she was just too... overwhelming for me to handle. i think she was trying too hard to make friends." joanna was pacing up and down louis's bedroom and she sighed in frustration for no apparent reason.

"i really want you to be homeschooled but i just can't afford it, and i want you to have a normal life and face your fears but i'm scared that something would happen. i just can't win. this world is far too much to cope in." joanna ran a hand through her thinning brown hair. it was thin and turning grey because the stress at work and at home. she was very sleep deprived but she put on a brave face always. or else louis would think that he was a burden on her and that would only bring he down even more.

"i want to be normal too mummy." louis sighed, curling into a ball in the middle of his bed. joanna kissed the top of his soft brunette hair and then left him alone in silence so he could rest. however the pictures of her was all the filled his mind.

he was confused as to why she was such an interesting part of his life that he needed to constantly think of her ever since leaving school. he closed his eyes and took in her features. her perfectly straight muddy brown hair and bright green eyes that held joy and happiness in them. she was full of life and joanna and louis ruined that for her.

he tossed and turned but just couldn't do it. he just couldn't fall asleep. instead he placed his furry slippers on his feet and looked outside his large window that overlooked the next door neighbours window. it belonged to a bedroom. the house had been vacant for years but now he hears noises from it.

"it's quite hard on her steve, why did we move all the way out her in her last year? she's going to find it so hard to fit in. i'm afraid something will happen to her." a woman's voice was heard from the window and louis just had nothing else to do but eavsdrop.

"yes i know vivian but i can't help it now can i? the job was out her and where the job wants me to be i go. you could've stayed out in nyc with ash and come the following year when she was seventeen." a man's voice was now heard in a sigh.

"i know but i also know that we shouldn't be apart or else the family would crumble-"

-"we're not like your parents viv, we're stronger then them."

"i know steve i know and i'm sorry." the woman is held by the man in a tight embrace by his strong long arms, one day louis would like to hold his wife like that; that is if he could manage to speak to girls... or people for starters.

"ashleigh mckenzie never struggles to make friends, she's such a ray of sunshine and a bundle of joy you know that. she is so sociable i don't know who she takes after because we're both quite anti social, aren't we?" the man chuckles half heartily as does the woman and louis's ears have pricked even more at the name announced by the two people across the window?

could ashleigh mckenzie be his new neighbour?

[stop being so cute louis ok gosh, comment and vote pls]