july 10th, 2017

[tyler]
✧✧✧
"No, no, no, the lights have to shine that way—no, the other lights—yes, those, NO!!" I angrily gestured with my ukulele at the lights I was talking about. "THOSE LIGHTS—" I turned to the direction I wanted them to go "—THAT WAY."

Something must've clicked in Shap's brain, because he finally did it right this time.

"Yes! Yes, thank you, you're a miracle worker," I said, only a little bit of sarcasm in my voice.

We were working on the old songs because none of the new ones were ready yet. It was nearly the same thing we'd done past tours, but I wanted to switch it up for the fans.

"Ty, you want to just be done today?" Josh called from offstage.

"No, we have to get this. We have a year, you can only get so much done in a year, plus if you filter in all the eating, sleeping, hanging out, resting—"

"You aren't hanging out or resting, my guy. You're working day in and day out, and we've been here for six hours. Maybe we should take a break for today," Josh suggested, hopping onstage and slinging his arm around my shoulders.

I sighed.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

He clapped my back and grinned. "Thank you, Ty. You work too hard."

I shook my head. "You can never work too hard."

Josh looked at me, sighing, but grinning all the same.

We got everything together and fixed it all up to be ready for practice next week. We only came to the stage once a week because we were only working on a few songs, and I needed time to write and produce.

"Hey, Shap, I'm sorry, man." I scratched the back of my head. "That was uncool of me."

He chuckled. "Don't worry about it. It's my job."

I grinned half heartedly started walking to the van. Josh jogged to catch up with me.

"It's a good day, man. We got Fairly Local down. We just need a little bit more work on Stressed Out, but soon we'll be good to go."

I nodded. I grinned. "It'll come together. We have a year."

Josh smiled back. "There you go."
✧✧✧