Chapter 7

For all you Caleb and Silas fans put there...

*Caleb's P.O.V*

I slumped sloppily against my large chair, my neck aching as well as my back from being hunched over my desk and dealing with pack affairs for the past few hours non-stop. Just because I wasn't the Alpha any more, doesn't mean I could slack. Plus I didn't find it fair on Lucas to have to deal with this and school.

My eyes drooped as the exhaustion hit me like a slap to the face and all I wanted was to cuddle up in my bed with a blanket.  Hands came out of nowhere suddenly and began massaging my muscles, draining the tension and stress from them. I was too tired to open my eyes to see who it was, I was probably imagining them anyways.

"Hmmmm," I couldn't help but hum as I turned to jelly under those skilled hands,  and I moaned softly. Abruptly, those hands began sliding down the front of my body, resting on my lap which in turn made me realize this wasn't a dream.

My eyes fluttered open to see those tinted purple eyes, lustfully looking down on me in want. I shivered at the emotions I could see swirling in his eyes and my mouth parted slightly in awe. Silas took advantage of this and swooped down to engage me in a hot, toe-curling kiss which left me breathless. 

*Smexy Time Skip*

I whimpered softly, my hands having a mind of their own as they wrapped themselves around his neck. He pulled back and we gasped for air, staring at each other in silence. His eyes had to be his most unique feature.

I feel like I could stare at them forever, happy and blissfully ignorant to the world around me. But of course we were interrupted - by the door opening unexpectedly. My head whipped around as I pushed Silas back with all my might in a panic, causing him to stumble and fall. Damian strutted in with some folders in his hand and a baffled look on his face.

"Dad? What are you doing lying on the floor?"

"Uh..." I racked my brain for a normal-ish reason when Silas spoke for me.

"Caleb panicked and pushed me after we finished making out."

Kill me. Honestly, just do it.

I turned to face the man that I longed to squeeze the life out of with my bare hands. WHY WOULD HE SAY THAT?! But for some reason Damian seemed as if he couldn't care less about it...

I narrowed my eyes at Silas in suspicion, "Silas...did you tell your son about us?" I asked, my voice turning sickly sweet. Silases face began to pale at my question and voice, and he tried to crawl away from me very slowly...

"Silas darling?"

"Y-yes?"

Just you wait until Damians gone!

He gulped loudly in fear. An awkward cough to the side brought us out of our mental conversation and I turned to see what was wrong as Silas finally stood up.

"Sorry to interrupt your...whatever the hell it was, but we have some serious issues here we need to discuss. it requires both of your attentions so I'm glad I could talk to you both at once."

This caught both of our interests as there was rarely anything that needed the attention of an Alpha, nevermind two.

"As I'm sure you're aware, recently there was a break-in on the pack grounds, security was compromised somehow and that led to two seemingly rogue vampires breaking in."

I winced immediately, vampires on pack land? Not good.

"For some reason they only came to talk to Mark Silver and it didn't seem to be about anything important either...Dad, why do you look like your guilty right now?"

I turned to look at Silas and he did indeed look guilty and worried, he seemed intent on burning a hole through my floor with his eyes. If there was something bothering him that might harm the pack, then he should definitely tell us. We don't need a supernatural war happening between our species and vampires.

"Well, it's kind of a little awkward to explain...but I guess I must for the sake of the pack. You see Damian, a little before you were born and your mother ran off with her true mate, I met another man..."

I felt my body freeze. Of course I didn't expect Silas to be an inexperienced virgin with no past relationships, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt when I hear about him and another person together.

He seemed to sense my emotion and reached over to give my hand a reassuring squeeze before continuing.

"We'd met while I was hunting for fun in the forest, I just needed some space to clear my head and all since I was about to have a baby with a woman I didn't love when he appeared. Apparently he too needed some space from his partner who he had just discovered cheating on him with his brother.

We went back to his place and, you know, one thing led to another..."

This time I couldn't suppress the low growl that came out of me as my face twisted into a snarl. Silas simply grabbed me by my chin and kissed me deeply, whispered to me not to be so jealous before giving my earlobe a tug with his teeth.

We heard Damian gag in disgust beside us but paid no attention to him.

"Anyways, when I woke up afterwards, the sky was dark and the stars were appearing. I heard some shuffling from the next room over and decided to investigate. My alarm peaked when I heard the high-pitched wail of a baby.

I creeped into the room carefully, the scent of fresh blood was strong, and I realised why when I saw that man lying down at my feet, gasping his last breaths of air.

He had a massive bloody hole in his chest where his heart should've been but it was torn out. The windows were open meaning his murderer must have left. I was going to look for them when I heard the man try to speak.   "P-please, t-take care of h-him..."

I couldn't believe what he was asking me to do, I was nothing but a stranger to him yet he entrusted me with new life. But as the life drained out of his eyes I knew I couldn't deny him this.

So I ran, I knew it wasn't safe to stay there any longer with a killer on the loose yet I couldn't go home. Instead I found an abandoned cabin in the woods where I took the baby. Something felt odd about it so I sniffed it to take in its scent - Vampire. Despite this I still didn't have the heart to abandon it and began clearing out all the clutter from the cabin.

No-one seemed to have been in it for years. Once it was reasonably spacious I looked around to see if this would work, before looking down at the innocent life form in my arms, I couldn't leave him here in this state.

I decided to take the baby, run to my car and out it in the baby carrier originally bought for you. Then I sneaked it into the house and gripped some things. Baby things and blankets as well as my tool box and cleaning things.

As quick as ever I ran out and put those things in my car, all of this at the middle of the night. Driving back to the cabin, I got out everything and cleaned a surface which I think was a table before making sure it was sturdy enough for the baby.

Slowly, I worked through the night to make the cabin safe and habitable, even building a cot for the baby. Everything it cried I took care of it until it eventually fell asleep. I laid it out in the cot which I stuffed some blankets in.

And that's where he lived.

I alternated between living in the cabin and living at home. When you were born it was a lot harder to switch but I still did it. I taught him how to hunt for fish in the river and what fruits or berries to eat in the forest. I taught him how to survive in the woods because I knew I couldn't let him out of them.

Eventually of course, your mother left and I couldn't leave you anymore so I had to decide. I had to choose between you and the boy...and now hes come back to haunt me.

Slightly ominous and out of the blue...