I

Ash
School sucks.

I shuffled through the hallway, avoiding hazardous shoulders and swinging bags. School sucks. It didn't help that I was short; I'm only five foot four. On average, I probably get hit in the face by a shoulder or bag ten times a day. Shoulders hurt!

I reached my locker, which was on the bottom. I knelt down, putting in my combination. I yelped in pain as someone kicked me in the side. I sat up, hearing a couple snickers as I continued to put in my combination. This was the problem with having a bottom locker. I always got trampled or kicked.

I exchanged books and grabbed a few other things before shutting my locker. I pushed myself to my feet and began heading for my next class. I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me jump. I spun on one heel.

"DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT, ALEX!" I slapped a hand over my heart. "I could've had a heart attack!" Alex grinned, shaking his head at me.

"You're so over-dramatic, Ashley." He smirked, grabbing my wrist. "Come on, we'll be late for class. I'm not going to spend a whole day after school with you."

"I told you not to call me that, Alex! I'm not a girl!" I whined, squirming in his grip. Okay, so I had a girl's name. So what? It's not like I was constantly mistaken for a girl...Okay, maybe I was. It gets annoying! "Stupid parents for giving me a girl name." I mumbled. I swear, my parents were secretly trying to ruin my life!

"Come on, Princess. Stop dragging your feet and walk!" Alex was practically dragging me across the floor because I was refusing to walk.

"Nope! I demand you to carry me! If I'm a princess you should be treating me like one!" I crossed my arms with a 'hmph'.

"Fine. Anything to avoid having to have to spend an hour with you in detention." He swooped my legs out from under me, carrying me bridal-style. "It's not like you're heavy, anyways. You're like two feet tall." He grinned, fighting back a snicker. I swear, he was the worst best friend ever.

"Five and four inches, thank you very much!" I crossed my arms as he carried me, ignoring the weird looks we got from the other students. "You're just jealous because you can't get somebody to carry you to class!" I yelled at them, sticking my tongue out.

"Shut up, Ash." Alex grumbled. "And you wonder why people hate you." I gasped over-dramatically.

"Hate?! Everyone in this school loves me! You're just jealous of my banging bod and amazing personality!" I grinned up at him, flicking his nose. "Faster, servant! We'll be late to class!"

We had made it to the classroom. I refused to walk into the class, so Alex carried me in and dropped me into a desk next to him. Ouch. He wasn't even gentle! What if I had broken my beautiful butt?! He was so inconsiderate!

~~~

Okay, I know it was pretty short, but I just wanted you guys to get a feel of Ashley and Alex and their friendship. Hope you liked it! ♡♡♡