Chapter 1

Sitting in the same old coffee shop. Nothing changed. Nothing different. Nothing new. Same old same old. Everyday has been like this. Nothing ever changing in my boring life as a waiter in this boring old coffee shop. London is a dark and dreary place, not a place that makes you happy, you know? 

My thoughts fog up my mind as I clumsily bang my mid thigh on a table. A table that sat a very lovely young girl.

"Eh ehm..." The girl says as she looks me up in down, almost inspecting me. I wondered why she looked at me that way until I saw her eyes.

The were filled with desire. My eyes shined right back at hers as I tried to catch my words.

"I, um. Sorry. I was- I didn't. Haha." I say trying to make a clever smirk appear on my face so I don't seem too ridiculous.

"Hmmm, it's fine..." She said still inspecting me. "I'm Effy, and you are...?" Says the girl.. Well now I guess I will should call her Effy.

"Oh, hi Effy. Ha. Um, i'm Freddie," I say while pulling my hands out of my pockets to shake one of her hands. But she never extends an arm. "Oh well, yeah haha. So well..." I say looking down at my waiter atire. "Ah yes, well is there anything I can help you with." I say not looking back into her eyes. They were too piercing. Like knives stabbing my stomach. I had butterflies I suppose, but certainly not the friendly kind. More like a butterfly army; swords and all.

"Sure, but only if you accompany me. I can tell you fancy me you know. Most people do it seems." She says with a flat voice. Almost filled with thought, like she was thinking aloud. Hardly any sign of if she was kidding or not. So that just left me staring at my notepad...

"Me, sit with you? Now? I'm working miss...But I guess, maybe..." I say slightly raising my eyes to meet hers. 

"Oh common', I don't bite that hard, hahaha." She says with a little flirtaious grin on her face. Wow I thought to myself. She really is into me? I'm usually fine when it comes to girls. Well better than that, great I suppose. I never had a problem with them, but this girl. Effy. Effy, oh how I love hearing that name. Even if it is in my head. I wonder if it is short for Elizabeth...

"So, is that a yes?" She says still looking at me. Shit, I was lost in my thoughts. Stupid, stupid stupid.

"Well I guess I could..." I say with a little grin hoping I could begin to be a little bit more flirtatious. "Let me just um, get us some tea?"

"Safe." She says and turns back to her empty table. 

So I slowly turn and go back to get some tea for us... Is this a date? Or what am I even doing. This is all so random... She is so random. 

No, she is so different. Her eyes... My thoughts go off all swirling in my head at this random encounter.