Chapter 8

Sarabi

"Let's Go! Y'all are going to be late!" I yelled up the stairs.

Today was the kids first day of school. Alana was starting middle school. Amina was going into first grade, and A'Kenzie and Josiah were going into pre-k3. I try to make my kids lives as normal as possible, so this year we are going to try public school. Messiah hates the idea of media having more access to the children, but it is what it is. We are just a normal family, with normal problems, and normal ass kids. I never seen what the big deal was about my kids. They're normal bi-racial children.

They all came running downstairs and piled into the car. The schools were about twenty minutes away.

Alana was first to get dropped off. She had on some khaki skinny jeans, with her white uniform shirt, and her hot pink vans. I let her get that hair straightened for school.

"Okay behave. And no boys cause ya daddy will flip."

She rolled her eyes, "Is that all?"

"Uhuh attitude. Ima be out here at 4pm."

She nodded her head before getting out the car. Paparazzi was waiting. We had some bodyguards make sure she gets to the front door tho. Students were watching and taking pictures. A couple of teachers stopped and looked. I just shook my head and drove off.

Next, were my little people. I had to walk them into school. Amina had on some blue jean shorts, a tie dye shirt, and her white chucks. Her hair was in a bun with a hot pink bow.

A'Kenzie had on a yellow baby doll tee, lite blue tights, and some white sandals. Her hair was in two ponytails with yellow and blue polka dot bows.

Josiah had on some camouflage shorts, a yellow Nike shirt, and his all white forces. I brushed his hair and just let it hang.

We all got out of the truck and went into the school. I walked Amina to her class first. The principal was there waiting with her teacher.

"Mrs. Watts, I am Mr. Jones the principal and this is Miss Rose Amina's teacher."

Y'all this principal was fine as hell. He was light skinned with dreads. I could see a couple of tattoos peeking from under his shirt. I mentally checked myself.

I bent down to Amina, "Kay MinaMina you ready."

She nodded her head and walked into the classroom. I turned to the teacher, "She can be a bit of a bully. Sorry."

The principal guided me down the hall to the pre-k3 rooms. We got to a class and he tapped on the door. A woman emerged for the room.

"This is my sister Mrs. Foster and she will be their teacher."

I nodded my head and sat down crossing my legs. "Y'all can go in now, but give mommy some love."

Josiah jumped and kissed me quickly, but A'Kenzie wasn't having it. She locked her hands around my neck and wouldn't let go.

"Come on Kenzie. You don't wanna go to school with JoJo."

She shook her head no, "I wan my daddy"

She started crying hard. I called Messiah on the phone, "Hey she not tryna go in here without you."

He sighed as I put him on speaker phone, "Kenzie you gotta go to school baby."

"No daddy. I wan go home wit you!" She started rubbing her eyes.

Josiah grabbed her hand and started pulling her, "Hurwy up Kenny. I wan play."

She slowly got up and walked in the class. The whole time she was looking back at me with her lip poked out. I started crying a little. My little babies were starting school.