Chapter 7

Leila

I decied to let Xavier keep the boys while I stayed in Miami and tied up some loose ends with the boutique down here. I kept Renah with me. She is too small for me to let he go anywhere without me. I knew once the divorce went through it would be harder for me to travel to the out of town stores and handle the children. So I decided to tie up loose ends now, hire one manager I could rely on, and take it from there. 

I refused to stay with my parents for the next month or so. They would just bother me about shit that I don't want to be bothered about. So I'm got a pent house suite in downtown Miami. As soon as business is finished here I will be flying back to Houston. I didn't want to leave my boys with Xavier and Corina, but that is the only way I can insure a speedy process.

With Renah all I have to do is feed her, change her, bath her, and put her to sleep. The boys need all my attention sometimes. They aren't going to want to sit in the store all day with me. They require a whole lot more, and this would have taken too damn long.

I placed my shades over my face as I pulled up in front of the store. Papparazzi was out there in full effect. And they don't give a fuck. The store was cleared of any customers. I decided to have a thing called midnight shop. I would open the store tonight at midnight. Things would be on sale, and I would be available for pictures and all that. 

Today I wore a ivory harem pants, with a hot pink crop top, and some gold sandals. My hair was parted on the side and curled in messy curls. I hopped out of the truck and gripped the car seat from the car. One of the girls in the shop came outside and grabbed the diaper bag and the purse. 

As soon as I walked in I remembered why I love what I do. These four shops that I owned were everything. This brand that I built was everything. I loved it. I owed this to myself.

Today I was going to interview a couple of girls for the management position. Renah was sleeping, so I walked out the office to speak to my girls.

Tina is my store manager. She is a fly ass down to earth chick. She's 24 an aspiring model, and an honor roll student at FAMU. She is the most sane one. Although she is mature and all that, if pushed she will drop that ass.

Redd is exactly what her name says. She is a short and thick light-skinned chick. One of my close NFL friends is her older brother and I owed him a favor. She is full of drama so she has to be watched constantly. She don't give a fuck. Say one thing to her squad and she will fly on your ass.

Winnie is my lil sweetheart. She is the virgin who moved here from Tennessee. Redd and Tina are so protective of her. I always tell her that one day a man in going to come and scoop her, and Redd and Tina won't be there to protect her. She can get a lil rowdy too tho.

Those three girls are the only girls to work my boutique. They're like sisters. They actually all live together. I got them a three bedroom condo kind of close to the shop. I just paid first month's rent. All their bills and groceries and shit is on them. Some days it will just be two girls and some days it will only be one girl. I give them off days but they don't really take them. I always find them here at the shop handling business. I needed to hire a manager to travel to all three stores tho, not just Miami.

I have children to take care of now, so I can't just be booking flights. I had a lot of submissions, but I narrowed it down to three interviews today.

"Yall ready for this midnight shop." I walked over to the counter where the girls were.

Redd looked at me and nodded her head, "Yeah as soon as we open I'm getting that dress right out the window."

"Bitch we get 25% off everything in here." Tina snapped at Redd.