Chapter 6

Sarabi

We have been here almost two days and I still haven't seen my children or my parents. They thought it would be a good idea to keep the kids away a little longer. Seeing that me and my sister are dealing with horrible marriages. 

Messiah was outside in the back shooting hoops. I was standing in the bay window watching him. I love this man with everything in me. I breathe for him. To think that he betrayed me so harshly hurts. It breaks my heart knowing that the birth of my daughter had to be shared with another woman and her child. 

Messiah wasn't really around much when I was pregnant with A'Kenzie. He was always away on business, but now I know better. When she was born it always seemed like his mind was somewhere else. I never really paid attention to it, but now I wish I would have.

I loved everything about him. The was his arms flexed as he rose his arms to take the shot. The way the sweat slowly trickled down his chest. The way his dreads bounced as he ran around the court.

"The shit sucks doesn't it." I turned and looked at my sister.

When I say she looks good. She cut her hair off. Well not really off but she cut it to her shoulders and dyed it a honey blonde with burgundy tips. She slimmed down a lot in her hip area. She had on some black tights with a hot pink tank, and her brown uggs.

I turned back and watched Messiah. She walked over and stood next to me. "Your hair looks good."

She didn't respond. She just sat in the chair next to me and crossed her legs. "Crazy how you wake up and everything that was once good is now bad."

I nodded my head and agreed, "This is going to be a long week."

"As soon as they bring the kids back, I'm leaving. I have too much going on to be vacationing."

I nodded and agreed with her again, "See you at dinner."

She stood and headed up the stairs, "Yep."

That was by far the most emotionless conversation me and my sister have ever had. I guess when you have given everything, there aren't many more emotions to hand out. I was thinking about taking my children and leaving as well. I have no reason to stay here.

.........................................

Dinner was really quiet. I was finishing the salad and Leila was pulling that pasta from the oven. Xavier had gotten here about three hours ago. Him and Messiah are staying in the guest house together.

We both made our plates and sat down at the table. The guys walked in and did the same. We all just sat there silent. The room was dead. When I say dead I mean you couldn't even here us breathing.

"Thanks for dinner bae." Messiah finally broke the silence.

I nodded my head with my wine glass to my lips, "Anytime."

The silence returned. "Your hair looks good Leila."

She didn't even spare Xavier a glance. She looked dead at me, "Need help with the dishes."

I shook my head no and she got up and walked out. I knew my situation was bad, but my sister was going through a long ass divorce. When I say the media was dragging her name! There were all kinds of stories popping up about her. I knew she was hurting more than I could imagine by now.

I stood from the table, "My parents will be back tomorrow at 11am. Please be on time."

I left the room and went and crawled into my bed. I laid there and wept. Every since Messiah told me about Josiah I just sit and cry myself to sleep every night. This shit hurts so bad. I wouldn't wish this in my worst enemy!