Halloween Pt. 2

It didn't take them long to realize something was up once you resurfaced. They backed away instinctively. You could see the men cowering in the rock, using debris to fight off any of the sirens they could. You could also see their boat, right side up, a few meters away from them in the water. All you needed to do was shop the others away, bring them their boat, and send them off. Then you could enjoy your play thing as you liked.

"They're mine," you hissed at the sirens decisively. You heard them collectively grumble.

"But... you can't have all of them!!! We need some too!" One of the Boulders ones swam closer.

"I told you they're mine!" You hissed louder this time, raising your hand in preparation to strike.

"You already took the biggest one! Don't be greedy! Why should you get whoever you want?"

"Why?" You chuckled in bemusement. Swiftly you lunge forward and grabbed the idiot by the shoulders ripping her throat out with your teeth in an instant. Her blood pooled in the water as her body sank. The other sirens gasped and screamed, enraged by what you'd done. A few of them tried to attack you, but with a flick of your wrist s large wave swept them onto the jagged rocks, crushing their bodies with immense force.

"Does anyone else want to try?" You growled, looking at the other horrified girls. Some of them swam away, while the rest lingered in dumbfound silence. You raised your hand again and hissed, baring your teeth at them. They seemed to get the message, and the rest of them swam away. With a sigh of disdain, you turned to the men, who were all huddled behind their captain. Their eyes were wide with fear.

You shook your head and turned away, swimming over to their boat and grabbing the rope attached to it. You brought it over to them, ignoring their confused expression.

"Go," You commanded, throwing the rope up towards him.

"Where is Toshinori?" The captain asked boldly. You cast an icy glare towards him.

"Those women won't be gone forever, and my patience is wearing thin. Go, before I change my mind and let them have you."

"But Toshi-"

"Captain we have to go. He's already drowned," One of the crew members persuaded, grabbing on to the rope and pulling the boat closer to shore. "We have to go."

The captain sighed and shook his head. "You're right. All aboard, men. We have to hurry."

You waited impatiently as they all boarded the dingy, ignoring how much space was left now that their comrades were gone. Once they were all aboard, you granted them one last kindness, swooping a wave towards them that pushed them gently out of the grasp of the rocks, far away from where any of the sirens would go, and towards freedom.

You grunted in disgust as you swam back down towards your cave. The things a pretty face will make you do... I can't believe I just saved them.

To your surprise, the man was sitting exactly where you'd left him, looking around the cave in the hopes of finding some way out.

"So your name is Toshinori?" You asked, swimming towards the solid ground.

"Are they safe?" He asked without answering you.

"Hey, my question first. Is that your name?"

He sighed exasperatedly, "Yes, I'm Toshinori Yagi. The crew, my captain, are they safe?"

"Yes, I saved them. They're off in their boat going to who knows where."

He looked at you a moment, "...Thank you."