i want to see you thrive

They had all said their goodbyes to Cristina's grandmother before piling into Cristina's car for the rough hour long drive to her apartment.  Michael had taken over as the car dj for the drive while the others enjoyed singing along and being Cristina's entertainment.

Once they arrived at the apartment, which wasn't even an apartment but a small house she was renting, they unloaded their luggage into her living room.  Cristina quickly gave them a tour, showing them her one bedroom, one bathroom home.  It had an extra room which she was going to use for an office/activity room but she still had to plan how to furnish it.

There wasn't really any furniture or décor in her home, only her bed from her parent's home and random little decorations she had collected over the years.  Her kitchen was fully furnished, but she didn't have many utensils.  

The boys all were complimenting her on the house, digging through their suitcases before pushing their bags to the side as they all suspiciously stood with their hands behind their backs.  Cristina took notice, taking a step back.

"What's happening?"

Luke had a cheeky smile, "Happy late birthday, Cristina."

They all pulled out a gift bag from behind their backs, each one a different pattern or color.  Cristina couldn't help but smile, her eyes becoming a little watery.  

"You guys didn't.  Stop, I can't take how cute y'all are.  I don't deserve to have you guys as friends." 

Cristina walked up to them, taking hold of Michael's present as he was pushing his at her.  He had a giddy expression, "Open mine first.  Not to brag or anything but it's the best."

Cristina slowly took out the tissue paper, pulling out the two frames inside the bag.  She held them both side by side, getting a good look at the pictures in the frame before laughing out loud.  Michael smiled triumphantly, knowing his present was amazing.

"What are these, Michael?  Oh my god, I love them so much."

Michael shrugged, "I know you love memes and our band, so I had a couple of our memes framed for you to hang in your new home.  You're welcome."

Cristina was still laughing over the pictures as she gave Michael a big hug.  She placed them down on the kitchen counter before moving onto the next present.  Ashton gave it to her, shrugging slightly.  "I didn't really know what to get you, but I think you'll like it."

Cristina reached into the scarily large gift bag, feeling the soft feel of clothing.  She pulled the items out, realizing that it was the new 5SOS merch that she wasn't able to get.  She didn't even try to hide her excitement and let out a spine-chilling screech.  She jumped Ashton with a hug, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Ashton laughed, hugging her back.  "I figured since we weren't playing a show close to you, the least I could do was give you some of the merch."

The next gift was from the one who probably knew her the best, Calum.  He was smiling nervously, waiting to see her reaction.

She reached into the bag, pulling out the rectangular box.  Once she realized what she was holding, she loudly shouted.  

"I've been wanting this but I couldn't bring myself to buy it!  Yes, thank you Calum!"

He had gotten her the Sims 4 Seasons expansion pack.  

Calum laughed as Cristina threw her arms around him, squeezing tightly, "I'm going to be playing this for hours now and no one is going to be able to stop me."

Luke scoffed, "Okay, you can't say that yet, you haven't even opened my gift."

All the boys laughed, smiling towards Luke.  They all shared the same eagerness of seeing Cristina's reaction to Luke's present.

Cristina took note of it, hesitating momentarily before taking Luke's gift in her hands.  She slowly reached into it, pulling out a card.  Slightly shocked, she read through it, smiling to all the boys afterwards.

Dear bigbootyhoe,

We're all so happy to have met you, and we know this is only the beginning of the birthdays we'll be able to celebrate with you.  We all wanted to treat you to something special for the first one though, as a group gift.  

So pack your bags, we're taking you to Australia with us.

Love, your boys. 

Ashton, Luke, Michael, and Calum

Cristina looked up to them all, tears forming in her eyes.  She didn't believe it.

"You guys are joking, this is a prank.  I'm not going to Australia."

They all were shaking their heads, wide grins plastered on all their faces.  Cristina was fully crying now, shaking her head in denial.  She placed her head in her hands, taking a seat on the ground.

"I don't deserve any of this, why?"

All the boys let out a laugh, giving Cristina a huge group hug.  Luke spoke up once she had calmed down some, "We're serious Cristina, you're going to visit Australia and stay with us there.  We'll show you around and you can meet our families and friends there.  You've always wanted to go, now's your chance.  You can decide when you think it's best for you.  Just let us know when."

Cristina had finally accepted the fact that they were serious and she was actually going to go to Australia one day, but before she could say anything more, Luke had more to give her.

"You didn't even get to my gift to you, by the way.  Look into the bag."

Cristina looked into the bag, pulling out what was left.  

A journal with her name on it.

She flipped through the empty pages, looking up to Luke in confusion.

"Remember the one night we had a conversation about how you thought you weren't getting anywhere in life?  Well, your life is just beginning and your mind is so beautiful and random.  And with you getting to travel, I think you should start writing things down, your experiences and stories.  Who knows, it could become a bestseller one day, and I want to see you thrive in the world."

Cristina was still emotional but latched her arms around Luke's neck, holding him close as she whispered out a quiet 'thank you' by his ear.

It wasn't even her birthday anymore, but it was definitely the best one she's ever had.

-

-

-

-

i'm not crying, cristina is

wow okay, um I wrote a calum fanfic and it's beautiful in my opinion.  it's called study buddies and you should check it out if you haven't already, and leave a comment on what you thought. i'm gonna actually try to keep that one on a steady updating schedule since I've already pre-written about 5 chapters so far

thanks for reading friends, comment where you'd travel to if 5sos were to buy you a ticket for your birthday?

i'd go to Australia lol shockerrrr