jumping off the roof

Cristina had no idea what time it was when Luke's face appeared just inches away from hers, but she didn't completely mind.  She slowly propped herself up on her elbow, looking around to figure out what was happening.  It was still pitch black outside and Ashton was passed out beside her.  Luke was dressed in basketball shorts and a hoodie, kneeling beside the bed and giving Cristina a cheesy smile.

"Get up, we're going on an adventure."

Cristina rubbed her eyes with her one hand which wasn't keeping her up.  She pushed the comforter aside, making sure to not disturb Ashton.  "What time is it?"

Luke shrugged, "Like 5 am.  Come on, let's go explore."

Cristina desperately wanted to stay under the covers and just sleep for 7 more hours but Luke was awake and excited to finally be alone with her.  She got up from the bed, grabbing a sweater from the closet before following Luke out into the hallway. 

"What exactly do you have in mind for our adventure, Luke?"

Luke had abruptly stopped at one of the windows, turning to face Cristina.  He shrugged, obviously not knowing much in the area to explore.  He looked to the window and back to Cristina, giving her a small smirk.

She started to shake her head, "We're not jumping off the roof if that's what you're thinking.  My family already had to lecture me about this."

Luke paused for a moment, thinking of asking Cristina about this lecture but decided against it.  "No, let's go sit on the roof and watch the sunrise.  We're actually alone, I just want to spend time with you."

Luke began to open the window slowly, hoping it wouldn't make too much noise.  He reached back, grabbing Cristina's hand and leading the way onto the roof.  They carefully walked towards the flattest section they could reach, taking a seat close to each other.

Cristina loosely hugged her knees to her chest, her head leaning on Luke's shoulder.  His arm was slung around her shoulders, pulling her against him.

He sighed happily, "Is it crazy that I feel like we've known each other for way longer than we actually have?"

Cristina did a quick shrug, "I don't think so.  I mean, I've been following you and the band for like three years now so I feel like I've known you that long."

They had a long silence, just enjoying being next to each other and watching the sky change colors. 

Luke softly kissed her hair, "I can't wait to see your apartment later."

Cristina's face lit up, "Oh, right, we still have to go to my apartment.  Don't be so excited, it's not furnished yet.  Like at all."

Luke was looking to Cristina, a serious expression on his face, "Let's furnish your apartment today then."

Cristina turned to face him more, causing Luke to take his arm off of her.  She let out a sarcastic laugh, "Bitch, I'm broke and that's not happening today."

Luke raised his eyebrows, "I'm right here, it's definitely happening today."

Cristina tilted her head back, letting out a quiet groan while letting her shoulders slump.  "You can't keep doing this, Luke.  I have a guilty conscious and I feel like I always owe you something, but nothing will be good enough."

Luke placed his hand on her waist, leaning in and softly kissing her cheek, letting his lips linger there for a moment.  Pulling back, he kept his gaze on her. 

"I don't want anything in return, Cristina.  I know it's crazy that I'm just giving you all this money and buying things for you, but it's not because I want anything back."

Cristina slowly shook her head, a small smile on her face as she placed her hand over Luke's.  "This is insane, Luke.  I'm literally living every girl's dream right now.  But seriously, I don't want you to buy my furniture for me."

Luke pulled Cristina closer to him, "Sorry sweetheart, but we're furnishing your apartment today.  I'm doing this because I want to, I want to help you out and I want to see you happy."

Cristina was about to explain further as to why she didn't want this, but before she could, Luke made a quick stop.

He used his free hand to pull her face closer to his, pushing his lips against hers.  He continued the kiss for a few more seconds before pulling away.

Luke looked to the sky, watching as the sun was starting to rise.  He silently motioned to the sunrise for Cristina to watch.  As they continued to stare in silence, still holding onto each other, Luke quietly spoke.

"I love you, Cristina.  And if you really feel like you owe me something, the only thing I want back from you is your love."

Cristina looked into his eyes as he glanced down at her, "I love you, Luke, so much."

She wrapped her arms fully around his waist, squeezing as tight as her nonexistent muscles would allow.

-

-

-

-

what's crackalackin homies

they're so cuteeee

comment what you're being for Halloween