Saturday

Friday had come and gone, like most days do, and Saturday had arrived. I was bursting with excitement as I saw the clock turn five. I had everything planned out. Shower, dress, make up, tell parents where I'm off to, and leave to the VUE! Yay! And it turns out that text with the unknown number was from Luke.

Firstly, shower. I had some raspberry scented shower gel left from when I went shopping with Hollie and Hannah about two weeks ago. I tried to be as quick as I could because I didn't want to be late.

Next was to put the dress on. The material felt so soft it was unreal. It fell just past my knees, and when I spun round it followed my exact moves. I'm sure glad it fit, because I didn't try it on at the shop. I was paranoid that girl was trying to track me down.

Make up. I applied foundation, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, and painted my nails in silver sparkles.

I went downstairs to find my mum preparing spaghetti bolognase in the kitchen. "Hey mum?" I said. She jumped as I spoke.

"Emily! You scared the life out of me!" She told me. "Anyway, what was it you wanted?"

"Well, I know it's realy late notice, but can I go to the VUE until about ten pretty please?" I asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Who are you meeting?" She asked me suspicailly.

"Luke," I blurted out.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Great, now she was teasing me.

"Kind of..." I replied.

"Okay, you can go," She said.

"Yay! Thank you so much!" I shouted, and ran out the door.

"You look beautiful by the way!" My mum chimed in.

My nails sparkled in the moonlight as I walked down the street. I began to feel extremely nervous and worried about what would happen when I arrived. I decided that trying to find the brightest star in the sky would help take my mind off it. Unfortunately, because there are a lot of lampposts around here lining the streets, there weren't that many stars I could see, but I did my best. As I arrived, I had found The Plough, Orion's Belt, and what I thought the brightest star in the sky was.

Luke had said he would meet me at eight o'clock outside the VUE. It was seven fifty-five now, so I had five minutes to make sure I looked okay (again), and to calm my nerves.

The five minutes past quite quickly, but now it was five past. I wasn't worrying too much, it was only the ads we were missing. It turned ten past, then quarter past. I was beginning to worry something bad had happened to him. My watched turned twenty past, and I was just about to ring him when he ran to up to me. "Hey!" I began, "I was beginning to worry about you!" I was relieved he nothing bad had happened to him.

"I'm really sorry, my mum wouldn't let me out until I had finished every piece of my homework and done all of my chores." He told me. "Please forgive me?" He begged.

"It's fine, don't worry, I was just concerned you'd been ran over or something, that's all!" I answered.

"Thank you." He said smiling. "Anyway, the film will have started by now."

We ran inside and bought the tickets and a massive bag of sweet popcorn to share between us. As he opened the door he said to me, "Ladies first!"

"Why thank you!" I replied.

We took our seats and the film had just started. The Woman In Black had begun...

"That was sooooooo scary!" I exclaimed as we walked out.

"Too right!" He said.

"I am going to have nightmares for weeks!" I told him.

"I'll make sure nothing will get you." He told me, and took my hand.

I smiled in the darkness. It was nearly ten o'clock, and it wouldn't take more than fifteen minutes to get to my house. We strolled home and talked about the film, but it felt slightly awkward talking to him, because I didn't want to say anything that would make me look like a idiot in front of him.

We turned down my front drive, and I said, "Thank you loads! This was so much fun!"

"I had a really good time as well!" He began. "We'll have to do it again sometime."

"Really?!" I asked in shock.

"Yeah, it would be a shame if we didn't!" He said.

"Okay, that'd be great!" I said.

"I guess I'll see you on Monday then," he said.

"Yeah," I replied.

He let go of my hand, and then kissed me. "Cya," he said.

"Bye," I said, slightly fazed by the kiss.

I watched him walk down the drive until he faded into the blackness. I already was beginning to miss him. I opened the door, and my mum said, "So, did you have a good time?"

"Yeah thanks!" I began, "It was great!"

"You look tired, you should go and get some sleep and tell me all about it tomorrow," she told me.

"Okay," I said. I was slightly tired, but I wasn't sure about telling her everything...

I got halfway up the stairs when I heard my mum say to me, "Oh, and I saw you kiss Luke by the way! Are you sure you weren't lying when I asked if he was your boyfriend?"

I blushed. Lucky she couldn't see me. "Yep, I'm sure," I replied.

"Because I don't mind you having one," she added on.

"I'm positive," I said.

"Okay then just wondering." She said.

I changed into my heart pyjamas, removed my make up, and crawled into bed. All the memories and feelings of tonight came flooding back as my head hit the pillow, and I fell asleep with perfect thoughts.