Not enough.

Harry: I love you

Zayn: I love you

Harry: I wish everyday that loving each other was enough. Everyday.

Zayn: But it's not is it?

Harry: No.

Harry: But one day it will be. I know it will. Not giving up yet.

Zayn: What if i do? What if I'm done?

Harry: You won't. You're not.

Zayn: Brave of you to assume that.

Harry: At the risk of sounding extremely cliché I wanna tell you that- years ago when we fell in love with each other without realizing that we did, everytime you looked at me your gaze held something- it was different than the way you looked at others. I didn't know how to define it then. But now Zayn Malik, I know that that's how you look at the person you love, at the person you are willing to sacrifice everything for. I know it because i look at you in that way. I have a special "I love Zayn Malik" look reserved. It's involuntary and all that.
Your eyes still look at me the same exact way they did all those years ago. It's the same way you looked at me a month ago and that's how you looked at me a week ago- that's how you looked at me everyday from that one day onwards. You are looking at me with that "something" in your eyes now too-

Zayn: *a soft yet sharp intake of breath*

Harry: your eyes haven't lost that look yet baby and i pray to God they never fucking do. I know you're not ready to let go yet. I know I would never be ready to let go. Loving you was so easy it was like second nature to me. Loving you hurts so much but in such a fucking good way. My heart aches for you *voice breaks a little*
*points at his own heart*

Harry: This. This is yours to keep. Yours to break.

Zayn: *voice cracking*
Harry Styles. You absolute fucking sap. You know how much I hate crying- I'm a bad bitch- oh go-

Harry: *wipes Zayn's tears away with his thumbs holding his face in his palms- resting their foreheads together*

Zayn: I love you.
*there was so much zayn wanted to tell Harry so much he wanted to confess. Wanted to tell him that the heart that beats in him belongs to Harry. It's his to keep or break like Harry said to him and Harry was the only one who could break it- he had zayn's heart at the palm of his hands and he could do a collosal fucking irreversible damage to it- Zayn also knew he could do the same with Harry's. Both of them would never recover. But at that moment at that time, with his face in between Harry's fingers- he knew saying those 3 words would suffice because that's all that mattered and that's what Harry wanted to hear. It was all the reassurance he needed. So that's all Zayn said- and that was enough. *

Harry: And I you.

Harry: so much.

* and they kissed. It was slow but with so much intensity that they had to pull away early to take a breather- honestly wouldn't be as much fun if they choked - and they kissed again and again and again whispering against each others lips every now and then how much they love each other and what they meant to one another and what THIS means. So what if one of them had to take a flight in the morning, so what if nothing was certain right now- they would figure it out, they'd work it out. Love wasn't enough but it's all that matters. *

____________________________________

A/N : What the fuck did i just write lmao. I was just upset yesterday dw this isn't a regular chapter kinda thing. 50-100 words is more my thing cause I can't actually write proper book stuff.