T h i r t y - O n e

Make sure to like and comment if you enjoyed this chapter and give my account a follow for updates on when I will be publishing chapters, news and information on what is happening around here!

It was around half past ten when I parked up at Fletcher's street, for the first time I had seen the place he lives in. It wasn't awfully bad, the area wasn't the safest but from a distance, the apartment complex looked almost welcoming.

"Would you like to come in?" Fletcher asks as he opens the door of the car and steps out, the offer was purely innocent so I give him a small nod and smile as I tum the car off and step out. As we walk up to the complex I quickly send my mum a text I will be a little later than planned, she wouldn't mind. I mean, after all, it was the idea to do this driving meet up at a later time.

As we step inside the elevator the inconvenience of anxiety begins to build up quickly as I notice how ratchet and old the elevator really is. I had always been particularly terrified of small and compact places, hence why elevators were never my thing, especially when thinking of the likelihood of it to stop mid-air.

That stuff freaks me out.

Fletcher pauses the anxious thoughts that whizzed within me as he grabs my hand gently, a part of him seeming to look worried that I would quickly pull away as he glances at me as if asking for permission to which I smile too.

He pulls me towards the elevator," it might look like it will break apart any second but I've been using it every day this year and not once has it stopped for anybody in the building" he reassures, "you get used to it after a while. Plus, our apartment isn't that high up so it'll only take a couple of seconds"

After several seconds the elevator doors slide open and a bell signifies that the elevator is safe to leave. We walk down the eerie hallway, yet come to a slow stop when Fletcher notices that somebody is stood at their door. He freezes and the man doesn't seem to realise as he is to busy slamming and trying to open the door as hard as he can.

I worriedly look towards him and quickly he slides his phone out and types on the screen.

Leave quickly.

I shake my head in disagreement instantly refusing to leave him to deal with some psychotic maniac that seems extremely desperate to enter their home. No way. He understands my refusal and stubbornness so he gestures for me to hide behind the wall of the hallway. I obey, at least if things get out of hand I can easily call the police.

Fletcher slowly edges towards the door and the man doesn't seem to notice until Fletcher yells grabbing the attention of the mystery man.

"Oi!" He yells, and the man's head instantly snaps in Fletcher's direction, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

The man laughs as if Fletcher had said something hilariously entertaining.

I notice Fletcher's anger rise as he glares at the man which I now stood exactly in front of him seems to edge closer and closer.