| ELEVEN |

The College was bustling with activity as Ruby walked beside Daisy who was talking on and on about something in the line of a new movie that she recently watched. It all seemed distant to Ruby, she was lost in deep thought.

She was still trying to figure out the red woman, Madeline. Her parents seemed to know her, but they were hell bent on not telling her anything.

On the drive back to Manhattan, she'd been quiet. She didn't apologize to Amara who acted like nothing had happened. Guess it was part of her family, to act like nothing was wrong even when it was.

The stiff goodbyes she had received from her Parents had not gone unnoticed by her. Maybe they were still angry at her for what she had done on the Sunday before.

"Are you even listening to me?" Daisy was waving a hand in front of her face.

She blinked and wondered how long she had been lost in thought. They where standing beside Daisy's car in front of their faculty building, she noticed. The sun seemed to be glaring at her face, mocking her frown.

"Um... Yeah?" Came her weak response.

"Ugh! You weren't listening. I knew it. You never listen to me." Daisy huffed and opened her car door doing a dramatic entry into the driver's seat.

"You coming or not?" She stuck her head out of the convertible, sticking her tongue out at Ruby.

The very first time Ruby had seen the car, she'd been surprised that it was actually a black car and not a pink car. Daisy looked like someone who would own a bright pink convertible.

"Very mature. I'm coming." She entered the car and they drove away. Daisy stepped on the pedal and her delighted voice could be heard as the wind whipped her hair into her face.

They sang along to the hip hop song playing on the radio. It was a bit comical, their hair whipping their faces by the wind. Or rather Daisy's hair. Ruby's where in braided in two parts. And their odd voice combination - Daisy with her good voice and Ruby with her croaky voice, as they sang along to the music playing. Two very different individuals who oddly became friends. A mixture of dark and fair.

They reached Ruby's apartment in a very short time and Daisy sped off after muttering a carefree goodbye to Ruby. The girl sure could drive a car.

"Welcome home, Little gray..." Amara said as soon as Ruby entered the apartment and switched on the light. She was seated on the love seat in Ruby's living room, looking as relaxed as ever. Like she didn't just scare her niece.

Ruby gave a little scream.

"What the heck are you doing in here? How did you get in?" Ruby said, her heart beating faster than normal.

Amara smirked, "I have my ways."

She gave her a quizzical look.

"Actually, Catherine gave me the keys."

Ruby touched her chest where her heart was racing and let out a breath, looking at Amara who was casually seated and crossing her legs, scrutinizing Ruby.

"So. . . Are you ready to talk about your problems? I mean after Sunday. . ."

"Don't you give up? I've already told you I won't talk to you about anything." She dropped her keys on the coffee table and shrugged off her jacket.

"I thought you changed your mind."

"No! I'm never changing my mind."

Amara followed Ruby as she walked to her room and dumped her purse on her bedside table.

"Come on young lady, you need to talk to someone."

"Well I won't talk to you." Ruby said and sat on her bed. "Now tell me the real reason you're here."

"No reason. I'll be going since my annoying niece shouted on me, hasn't apologized and is now turning down my offer to listen to her rant about her problems."

Amara turned to leave but paused a little to give Ruby one last look before going.

"You need to talk to someone."

With that being said, she walked away. Ruby didn't bother going to lock the door after her. Instead, she sat on her bed and closed her eyes, pulling her shoes and sitting criss - crossed on her bed.

She couldn't tell anyone how she felt. All she'd get was pity. She hated pity. And they might think she was pathetic.

She picked up her phone and fiddled with it, scrolling through her contacts. Her heart did a little squeeze at the amount of people's contact she had. Yet she felt so alone. Alone in her imperfection.

Standing, she picked up her textbook from her reading table at the far corner of her room. Exams would soon begin and she needed to prepare. So she read away, losing track of time. Her only company right before her roommate came back was her textbook.

Odd company, but very reliable.

A textbook wouldn't ever leave her or annoy her because she owned it. That was how pathetic her life was.

A/N
Lovely readers, here's a new chapter.
Hope you enjoyed it.
Share your thoughts on the chapter. I'm open to feedback! ❤

Mackenzie the 2nd.... Out...
❤❤