Epilogue

My final note is gonna be here before you read -

Thank you so, so, so much to everyone who has read this far whether you vote or comment or read silently or just read the epilogue for the hell of it haha. My love of zombies is one of my insanely nerdy tendencies and I can't believe people are actually interested in that.

You people are lovely. And the best.

As far as a sequel goes, Im thinking no - I kind of feel like their story is wrapped up now and it would ruin it to add to but thanks for being interested in one haha. :) I hope this ended in a way you wanted it to and just tell me what you think. Thanks so much for your support, I'm so grateful.

If you're interested, I'll be posting a new story on here if you're even slightly into my writing but feel free to leave it at the zombies ha ;D

Thanks again, I love you. Especially thos ones who constantly left constant nice comment, votes and support, sticking with it. This chapter (again) is dedicated to somebody who did that. Cheers!

Over and out,

Lauren x 

((Hi! Revisiting this after a few years and I've read every single comment and still do whenever I get one, so thank you s o much. No words for how much it means to me, even though I wish I could go back and rewrite this whole thing haha. Thanks for getting this far if you did, and if you like this genre, I have another book which is pretty similar knocking about on my profile which is far more recent. Thanks so much for all of the support!!))

____________________________________________________

'It's the one year anniversary of the return of the final  survivors today and exactly eleven months since the last known infected man died of starvation, immune to the ever-famous TenBri cure. Today also marks the premiere of the film which outlines the heroic journey of Harley, Keith, Lucas and Perc...'

The noise abruptly stops as I turn the radio off, rolling my eyes at Keith whose hair is newly wet from the shower, matted against his tanned forehead. Greece agreed with him; while I burned as we bobbed across the sea on our very own summer boat, he came away with nothing but a glorious tan.

'I wish they'd stop calling us heroes' I tell him with a raised eyebrow to which he bursts out laughing, entwining our hands.

'Maybe we are heroes' he says thoughtfully, 'I mean if you read it in the paper...'

'Shut up' I smack him playfully, 'I saw my face in another magazine yesterday and the shot they got of me was horrible-' he cuts me off and I shiver at the memory.

'No shot of you is horrible'.

'Schmoozer'. I flick his nose and walk back into the living room, collapsing onto the sofa and eyeing up the TV. I laugh quietly when I see another news article with our faces plastered all over it. 'The Elites' it reads and I roll my eyes again and this time Keith groans too.

'If they call us that one more time...'

'We can't complain' I raise my hand, 'My bank balance has never been so high' I frown, suddenly stabbed with guilt 'I don't know if I like it though'.

'I do' Keith says and his eyes light up with boyish delight, 'I'm gonna get that car I was telling you about-'

'Steady on trolley boy, walk before you can run'.

We sit in our apartment and watch the article for only a few more seconds before we begin to feel awkward and change the channel, watching an out-dated comedy movie instead.

'Read for tonight, sunshine?' he asks and I nuzzle into him, sighing heavily.

'I should be excited but... I'm nervous'.