Chapter twenty-two

This chapter is a total mess and will be edited but thanks for being patient, back from holiday now and only a couple of chapters left. Thanks again for all your support. You're lovely. ;3

______________________________________________________________________________

Blue.

They were blue, and real, and full of life. The hands holding me went limp and I dove to his bedside, waiting for any kind of reaction, anything. As each second passed and he just lay blinking, I lost a little hope, sure that this was going to hurt more than when he'd been gone completely. If only we hadn'-

'Harley?'

Euphoria. Total euphoria as my name fell from his lips, strained and rough from days of what could only be death, but it was there, and it was Lucas, it was impossible and incredible and I couldn't breathe, couldn't do anything but burst into tears as I threw my arms around him, sobbing into his chest, throwing curses into the fabric of his clothes.

Keith and Percy were quick to join me and I heard them behind my back, expressing their disbelief, excitement, the kind of emotions which don't have words because situations which provoke these emotions have never happened before.

Euphoria.

That was it; the only word which could explain the blur of sobs, embracing, staring down at the restraints, crouching down to till I was staring Lucas in the eyes, something I thought was gone for good. They were filled with confusion and I could only laugh and cry with difficulty, my breath coming out in short gasps.

'Where am I?' he mumbled with dazed eyes, 'Jesus, my head...'

'You're here' I was still laughing, sobbing, 'What do you remember, how do you feel?' I reached to untie him from the table but Bruce's voice stood firm, the greed and pure excitement lighting up his face totally unnerving.

'Don't touch them. Doc, Bottle up this shit, make more, now!'

'I don't th-'

'Now!'

More guns were pointed  until William and Santos shared a look which was fear, anger and despite their own pride, began to grab more liquids and glasses, left to their own devices.

I didn't care, not at all, he was alive, he was alive.

'I feel like I haven't seen you in so long' Lucas smiled uneasily, clearly reaching to move his arm and opening his eyes widely when he realised he couldn't.

'It's okay, man' Keith exhaled unsteadily with a crooked smile upon his face, crouched right next to me, 'You're in a bit of a predicament but it's okay, don't panic. How do you feel, what's the last thing you remember?'

'Uh...' Lucas shook his head, taking note of Bruce who was now stood on our side, the army officers, Sam, Darren...

'What do you remember, kid? How do you feel? You know where we are?' Bruce's voice belted out and Lucas only frowned, looking more than a little annoyed and disorientated. For once,  I agreed that what Bruce was asking was important and without his vile voice, I would have been sure I was a part of some kind of daydream or parallel world where the impossible happens and this kind of emotion actually existed.

'It's important you answer Lucas' I told him soothingly, pushing a few strands of hair away from his eyes. I felt like I was in heaven, this was amazing, I was elated.

'Okay...' he blinked a few times, moving his gaze between each of us as piece by piece, bits of knowledge seemed to return to his eyes, understanding began to dawn on him, 'Well, we were stood out in the road next to that shop; there were so many of them, we fought for as long as we could but...' he scrunched his face up and I was in total disbelief that he remembered, he knew all of this, 'We were all there and Harley, your leg...'