13. End Up Here

*scratches neck awkwardly* Hiii, wait, it ISN'T Saturday? Are you suuuure? Oupsie, daisie. Sorry. Hope this chapter makes up for it.

SKYE IS THE OLDER SISTER.

btw: I changed Zoey's mom's name to Amanda because I absentmindedly named HER and Zoey's best friend: Diana. So, Diana is the best friend whom Joel has a crush on. Also, Diana is on the side.

-

"Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me.And after all, you're my wonderwall." Oasis

Zoey Willow Hunter

TWISTING the door knob, I entered my house, sighing as I threw the keys on the key holder behind the door. I took off my Converse and started humming Best Day of My Life by American Authors.

Today was by far the best day of my summer.

Nico’s change of attitude was slight, but very noticeable. He was lighter, he smiled more. I felt like the chunk of ice between us had completely melted, leaving only a puddle of water. He was hilarious, when his jokes weren’t directed to me or about me. He was smart and witty; he answered my so-called insults within only a few seconds. Over all; he was way more handsome. Certain aspects of him reminded me of Oliver, but the latter was more of an idiotic, blind asshole.

Whom I still had feelings for.

Oliver was my first real crush, someone I had all of the romantic dreams about. I used to rely on him to make me smile and make my day better. His smile was the doorway to my happiness. I liked to hold onto him a little longer when I hugged him, because he smelled like fancy boy perfume.

His kiss was the most important one to me.

“You know, Z, I like-like you. In the love way,” were his words to me on the Niagara falls night.

Hearing exaggerated sucking noises coming from the living room, I immediately became alert. No one was supposed to be home. I emptied the coat racket from few jackets and such, and held it my hands as a way of defending myself. It was metal, so if I had to hit anyone, it would hurt like hell.

Tip toeing in my own house, I took in the state of the living room. Almost everything was in place, except two shirts on the ground.

“Skye?!” I cried out, watching as my sister and her boyfriend were having a full-on hardcore make out session.

Jack Morrison’s hands were way higher than accepted. He was on top of her, probably enjoying her running her hands through his toned chest. Skye’s top was off and she was wearing her special black bra.

“Skylar Marie Hunter!” I screamed, when no one heard me.

Jack looked up momentarily, seeming disoriented and mad at whoever interrupted him. Skye’s eyes widened, but she looked like she wanted to laugh.

“Zoey! Hi! I thought you said you’d go to Diana’s after mail?”

I growled. “Just wanted to change. Sorry, Skye, I wasn’t aware that Mom’s favorite couch would be the place where two people do the frick-frack.”

“Chill,” said Jack, not moving from my sister’s half-naked body.

“I will not chill,” I put the last word between air quotes. “Get off my sister.”

“She’s my girlfriend,” he said. “Skye, do something.”

Since I couldn’t grab him by his shirt, I twisted his ear in my hand. He was up in the matter of moments, whining. Skye was protesting but I was too concentrated on kicking her boyfriend out to notice.