13: Foretold

"Gabrielle!" His beast roared as he transformed.

Gabrielle woke up and stared in shock at her husband's beast form. He was standing beside their bed and his stance was combative as if he was preparing for a fight.

"Mikael...?"

He snarled as his head swiveled in her direction.

"Nasaan si Gabrielle?!" he yelled his red eyes angry and unseeing. "Anong ginawa mo kay Gabrielle?!"

She sat up and scooted towards him, unafraid even when she knew that he could easily kill her.

"Mikael..." she repeated her voice calm. "Nandito lang ako..."

He looked at her, he seemed dazed and confused.

The young Princess took her husband's hand and gently pulled him towards her. "Ako 'to, Mikael...nandito ako..."

He blinked before he whimpered. "Gab..."

He snatched her into his embrace. "Akala ko napaano ka na. Akala ko may kumuha sa'yo..."

His voice was deep and guttural but it sounded so scared that the young woman's chest tightened.

"Walang kumuha sa akin...nandito ako..." she whispered before kissing his cheek. "Hindi ako kahit kailan aalis sa tabi mo..."

"Pero, nakita kong naglaho ka..." he said as he nuzzled the place on her neck where he had marked her.

"Panaginip lang 'yun," she tried to reassure him guiding his hand to cup her cheek "See...I'm here...walang kumuha sa akin."

He whined tightening his arms around her.

"It's a dream, Mikael..." she said kissing him on the chin. "Nandito tayo sa loob ng kuwarto, sa ibabaw ng kama..."

"Someone took you..."

"Shh... tama na. Hindi ako aalis, hindi ako mawawala."

He leaned away to hold her face in his hands.

She smiled. "Panaginip lang 'yun..."

He turned back to his human form but his violet eyes still mirrored pain and fear.

She rained kisses down his jaw. "Tama na, okay? Walang mangyayari sa akin."

"Pero, 'yung panaginip ko—"

"Hindi magkakatotoo 'yun..."

He kissed her desperately before he leaned his forehead against hers.

"Calm down, Mikael..."

"I can't..."

"Hindi ako aalis sa tabi mo at walang mangangahas na mananakit sa akin dahil alam nilang hindi iiwanang buhay ng Prinsipe ko ang kahit sinong magtatangka," she said smiling at him but he still looked afraid.

She pulled him to get on the bed with her. "Pagod ka lang siguro kaya nanaginip ka ng gan'un. Sabi ni Lolo kapag daw merong gumugulo sa isip mo, kadalasan nadadala mo 'yun hanggang sa pagtulog."

He sighed.

She crawled on top of him, settling her head just below his chin, her ear against his heart.

"Gab..."

"Bakit?" she asked even when she knew what he was going to say.

She had a feeling that he needed to hear her voice so she kept on talking even when it wasn't necessary.

"Panaginip lang 'yun. I know you'll keep me safe as I, too, will always keep you safe..."

Mikael kiss the top of her head. "May ipapakiusap ako sa'yo."