5: Meraesimi

He thought that she probably was just kidding but the resolve in her eyes confused him.

"H'wag kang nagbibiro nang gan'yan," he lightly warned. "Ikaw rin baka totohanin ko 'yan, hindi ka na makakawala. Sagrado ang halik sa aming mga Sehrli."

"Paanong sagrado? Kailangang may dasal?"

He chuckled. "Bakit ba dasal ang palagi mong naiisip sa ritwal?"

"Gan'un naman talaga ang ritwal, 'di ba? May kasamang dasal."

"Hindi kailangang magdasal kung gusto n'yong maghalikan. But a kiss is not something that we just share with anyone."

"So, you don't want to share a kiss with me?"

"Why do you want to kiss me?"

"I don't even know. I just feel like kissing you."

"Uy, may crush ka sa akin, ano?"

"Crush?"

"Paghanga..."

"Humahanga naman talaga ako sa'yo. Kahanga-hanga ka naman talaga."

"'Yun ang problema rito, bobolahin ka pagkatapos kang tanggihan," Mikael kidded.

"Sorry na nga..."

"Binibiro lang kita."

"Ang bait mo. Hindi nagkamali si Lolo ng pagpili ng makakatuwang ko sa buhay."

"Pangalawang beses mo nang sinabi 'yan. Sige nga, bakit parang bait na bait ka sa akin?" he lightly asked.

"Hindi ka nagalit n'ung nagkamali ako. At imbes na sumama ang loob mo sa akin katulad ng una kong inakala ay gumawa ka ng paraan para mapagaan ang loob ko."

She smiled at him. "Human or not, you're remarkably amazing..."

He stared at her before closing the gap between them.

She stiffened in surprise then her body seemed to relax as she leaned closer towards him.

"Do you mean it?" he asked in a whisper after he lifted his mouth off hers aware that she's human and unable to hold her breath for as long as he could. "Do you mean what you said?"

She nodded.

"Last chance...you can't change your mind after this..." he insisted.

"Makulit ka."

He kissed her again. He wasn't sure if it was purely instinct but he seemed to know what to do and when her lips parted his tongue delved in.

She moaned into his mouth and he sucked her tongue into his growing bolder with her response. He knew that it was a done deal the moment she opened her mouth for him – the venom in his saliva made sure of that but he still wanted to be certain before it reached its full effect.

"Gabrielle, last chance—"

She gave out an impatient grunt then pulled his face close to hers for another kiss.

He moaned in approval carelessly discarding his robe before moving on top of her.

She froze; her eyes wide as she looked inquiringly at him. He stopped moving, too, unsure suddenly of how to proceed.

"May tiwala ako sa'yo..." she said.

He nodded, his eyes not leaving her face as he cupped her breast.

She tried to hide the initial shock from her face but failed.

"Hindi ka ba komportable na hinahawakan kita rito?" he gently asked.