Lullabies| Prologue

*5 Years ago*

"Alex! Go wake up your brother please..." my mom sighed.

My brother, Thomas, is always getting on her nervous so she commonly sends me to go to his room and get him.

He is into drugs, and, of course, is constantly doing them. I'm not completely certain why. He wasn't always like this. About a year ago, he was the best person you would have ever met. I looked up to him like he was my lord and saver.

"Yeah, yeah." I jumped from the wooden chair which was seated at the kitchen table and ran to Tom's room.

I decided to knock first because I know he hates it when I just enter his room.

I knock once, no answer. I knock twice, no answer. That's weird enough, anyway. Usally by the first knock he yells 'who is it' or a commonly dazy moan, '5 more minutes'.

Maybe he is still sleeping.

I knocked again. No answer.

By now I was banging the wood infront of me trying to get him up.

No answer
No answer
No answer

No answer.

"Alex honey? Everything okay?" My mom found her way to the hall way.

I looked at her and back at the door and soon enough my heart started to triple the paste and wouldn't stop. I started to get a little dizzy and it was getting hard to breathe. I felt my tears threating to fall. I knew if I said even one word they would. Something was off, mom realized it too.

"Alex? Thomas? Is Thomas not answering? Has-has he said anything?" By now my mom's hands were bagging on the door just as my own had been.

When there was still no answer, she tried the door. Locked.

She started screaming at my dad to come here. Only moments later was he kicking the door down with all he had.

The noises seemed to get louder by the second, as did my headage. It was getting worse. It pounded in sync with Dad's fist against the door.

"Alex? Alex calm down sweartheart everything will be okay!"

Will.

I didn't want will. I wanted now. I wanted to scream.

My mother's head turned to the just now kicked down door and, she just kinda stood there with my dad.

I could sense the fear in air as if someone sprayed it. Well, sprayed it too much.

I didn't waste a second to run towards and through his door way.

My eyes were searching for him all over the room trying to see through my rainfall of tears. Until I seen him. He was in bed. Eyes open, but dull, lifeless.

Everything seemed. To... freeze.

My mom's face once she seen him, the sound of her sobs clouded by ringing in my ears, the way my father was trying to stay strong, when he really wanted to explode with tears. The air seemed to just fade away. It was just all too much.
______

I woke up in a white, blinding room with sounds coming back to me. Little noises, belonging to heavy machines that layed besided to the hostpial bed I was in.

I waited a few minutes before a older man in a white uniform, followed by a younger lady, walked in. She wearing all blue and her hair in a pony tail.

"Oh well hi there," the man said in a calm, beady voice. "I'm your doctor, Dr. Willson. And this will be your nurse, Courtney."