Chapter 2

[✔] Edited!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if I was taking the last chapter a little bit too fast or if it wasn't very attention-grabbing. So I do need a little advice on that. I was also on vacation so this came a tad bit later than I expected. Here's C2! - Gina, storyoftheyearxo

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously: 

"Well?" she urges. Her eyes silently beg Sen to stay with her; to help her. She knows better than to show weakness to the new qualifers though. Desperation is the worst of her problems but displaying it to both Sean and the cameras is suicidal. 

Sean smiles weakly to nowhere in particular. His vision is everywhere but on the woman bonded next to him. He hopes the shadows of his still-damp curls will hide the tears threatening to coat his cheeks. If his pride hadn't taken the reins earlier, waterworks would've already overcome him. He wants to be the man in the situation, the one that's strong and confident. 

But now, all he has is his pitiful pride and with that pride, he utters, "I'm in." 

Naomi breathes a sigh of relief that's barely audible to Sean. "Good. You're only other options would've been lethal injection or a gun to the head if you're into that dramatic type of ending. Welcome to the CAC, Sane Ramerez." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sean's POV

The two same men came in, stalking us as if we were their pray. I wouldn't be surprised if we were their pray but for sure I would be petrified. 

They didn't say a word. I had a feeling they knew my choice anyway. They were 'watching us', right? I  already knew I had to keep that in mind or I run the risk of saying something I'm not supposed to say. I could be put to death instantly for saying a joke the wrong way. 

Hopefully it'd be a quick, painless death. I imagined them carving me into itty-bitty pieces with a blunt butcher's knife. Vincent laughed. 'That isn't painless at all.' 

I shook my head clear of those gory imagines. I never knew my mind was capable of creating such a bloody scenario, especially with myself being the one inflicted upon. I felt a bit loony, but who wouldn't go a little loony after being kidnapped and forced to join an anti-government rebel 'charity'? 

Dylan and Mike smiled, most likely noticing my discomfort. Either that or they could read my mind and saw how I imagined them decapitating and killing me.  But still, Naomi was emotionless. If she wasn't bound to a chair in an isolated room I would've been able to picture her casually waiting for her Monday meal at some cafe down the street. It was disgustingly normal.

"Sean," Mike saying my name made me want to vomit. "we need to know for sure that we can trust you. We need you to be a reliable, trustworthy employee. Your pay will be your life and I honestly think that's the best offer we can give you. We know you won't mess this up because we do know you know the consequences." 

Mike turned around, motioning Dylan towards him. Dylan wiggled a pair of keys in my face, smirking like he was enjoying a personal joke. Strolling behind my chair, he tugged on the restraints on my wrists and after I heard a faint click, the handcuffs fell to the ground with a loud clank. I was more than eager to jump at the chance of running away but Kara knew better. Her disapproving look towards Vincent said it all. I stayed put, rubbing at my raw wrists.