Chapter o3

Ice skating? In August? I am horrible at ice skating! The last time I went ice skating was with my dad before his disappearance two years ago. He kept telling me that I was doing great but I kept falling every two minutes. Which was okay because he's my dad, but falling in front of Derek? That's going to be so embarrassing. I guess not as embarrassing as completely losing it on the plane ride here. Maybe I'll be better at it now, who knows. All I know is that I want to spend some more time with Derek and if that includes ice skating... I guess I'll give it a shot.

"Ice skating sounds like fun," I responded. "I am really bad at it though."

"That's okay, I am a great teacher," he said. "I will pick you up in an hour. Wear warm clothes!"

"See you then," I said with a smile on my face. I get to see him in an hour! I'm so excited. Wait, that means I only have an hour to get ready for our first date. Is that even enough time?

"Bye, Elle!" Derek said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Bye, Derek!" I shouted out as I hung up the phone. I quickly hopped out of my bed and headed straight for the shower. 

The whole time I was in the shower I was thinking about Derek. Thinking about how his dark brown hair falls over his blue eyes every time he looks at me. How his smile is so shy and adorable. How he towers over me when we are standing by each other. How his cologne smells...

After my shower I headed to my closet to pick out an outfit. What to wear, what to wear. I pulled out a white dress with black and peach flowers on it and held it up to my body in front of the mirror. This was cute but I'm probably going to fall down a lot and I don't want to flash everyone in the rink. 

I put the dress back and pulled out a black romper with yellow sunflowers all over it. This was one of my most favorite outfits. I held it up to my body in the mirror. This was way too short. I would be freezing. I put the romper back and pulled out a maroon knitted sweater. This was perfect! I put it on along with some black leggings. I grabbed my pair of grey ankle boots and threw those on as well. 

I headed off to the bathroom to put on my makeup and fix my hair. I looked at my phone and saw the time. Derek was going to be here in just fifteen minutes. I didn't have time to blow dry my hair, so I just towel dried it and ran a comb through it. I added some leave-in-conditioner to my hair and scrunched the curls. I quickly did my makeup. I used a little bit of foundation and concealer. Was eyeshadow too much for a first date? I added a light brown shadow into the crease of my eye and blended it out. I put on a little bit on eyeliner on my upper lash line and then added the mascara. I looked really pretty. I hesitated at adding lipstick to my look, but finally decided on a nice nude pink color. My look was complete! 

     I'm here :)

Derek texted me. 

I took one last look at myself in the mirror and headed down the stairs to the front door. Before I opened the door I hesitated. I was getting nervous.  I took a deep breath and reminded myself how nice of a guy he was. I opened the door and headed over to his car. 

He was standing by the passenger side door casually leaning on the car with one leg crossed over the other. He was wearing a red t-shirt and the same blue jeans as the flight. He had a smile on his face as I walked closer. "Wow, you look really nice," he said as he opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I replied as I blushed and got in the car. He had country music playing and a RedBull energy drink in the cupholder. He walked around the car and sat in the driver's seat. "Where are we going?" I asked as he started to drive.

"An indoor ice skating rink about thirty minutes away," he responded. Thirty minutes away? That seems really far.

"Do I need to write your license number on my arm again?" I joked. "You know, just in case you are taking me to a remote area to kill me." I finished.