20. Don't Wanna Fall In Love [Edited]

Aiden had offered to drive me to school that day but I politely declined, saying that I had an extra dance class that day after school so it was probably best if I took my car and I wouldn't have a problem taking Andy to school as well. Andy, who usually didn't know when to start and stop talking, kept the conversation relatively light the whole time and talked about anything and everything that had nothing to do with Billie Joe Armstrong. We talked about Wednesday night and it was nice to take my mind off everything that had went on for once, even if it was going into gruesome detail about the sex Andy had with Don.

When we met with the other girls, Andy never mentioned what had happened in my house to them and seemed to direct the conversation away every time it touched on what we all did when we dispersed yesterday afternoon after we sat on the beach.

Andy gently nudged my arm when the other girls were talking and gave me a smile. "Hey," she said, "I'm thinking of asking all of the guys down to The City this weekend if you want to come. I understand if you'd rather not."

I gave her a puzzled look. "The City?"

"Aiden never told you about The City?" Andy asked, her eyes widening dramatically. It was when she did that, I realised just how much she took after her mother.

I shrugged a little. "I think he mentioned it once or twice."

Andy smiled a bit - it was a wicked kind of smile. "The City is basically this dead beat old town that has been deserted years ago," she said, as though she were talking about the other world she found in the back of her closet. "It's nuts. The few residents it has left are junkies or drug dealers and there's about fifty different parties every night. It's like if the Ibiza strip started taking heroin and stopped caring, you know? Saturday is the best night to go, so are you down?"

I really should have said no but I smiled at her and nodded. "That sounds sick," I told her, mimicking her exact dialect now. "Can't wait."

The rest of the day went by fairly normally. I got sent out of class the usual amount of times for talking in class with Andy, Emily or Lisa (seeing as Idina barely spoke at the best of times), I got the usual lectures from either not having homework done or having completely half assed what I did do but the teachers always felt sorry for me, ever since I was fourteen. It was easier for me to get away with it, compared to the other girls.

Maybe it was wrong of me to play on that but I never asked them to pity me.

I text Joey when I was leaving the school, waiting until Andy got picked up from Don before I decided to walk out of the building towards my car. I had my earphones in and was in the middle of a text message to Aiden so I barely caught myself before I gasped and stumbled back, noticing someone had stood in my way.

I was shocked and a bit startled to see that it was Billie Joe. I don't really know who else I expected it to be, but still, I felt my eyes widen a bit with surprise and then my face fell into a glare and I shouldered my way past him. "You're in my way," I grumbled, looking back down at my phone as I stormed towards my car.

I thought he was going to start shouting at me again but instead, he only jogged after me. "Grace," he started, his voice quite neutral. "Look, before you go, I really think you should consider coming back home."

"That's not my home anymore," I replied curtly, tucking my phone into my back pocket again and then grabbing my car keys. "My home is with Aiden."

"Yeah, okay," he started and I don't think he meant for the obvious sarcasm to be in his voice but I picked up on it anyway, "but your mom- Grace, stop!"

He gently took a hold of my arm to pull me back and I wrenched it away, whirling around to face him. I could have started a scene, but I wasn't up for everyone I went to school with being brought into my private business. "Don't touch me," I growled, as quietly as I could. "I don't need another fucking dose of Advice with Billie Joe today, so why don't you get back into your car and go back to my dad's house?"