Chapter 10

You remember where I left off, right? Good. You'll need that info.

________________

"Seiko-Chan! What do we do now?"

I freak out a little. "I don't know! I haven't been in this situation before!"

"Seiko-Chan! Transform with me! I have the means necessary to purify the x-eggs!"

"Uhmm, OK..?" I yell. "Character Transformation: Violet Sky!" My outfit is on, and its shorter than I remember. Whatnow? I think.

Justletmetakecareofit. Weneedenergyandapurpose. Rei thinks back.

Ihaveapurpose!

Itneedstobestronger.

Whatdoyoumean?

Justtalk! She says loud.

"I'm sorry..." Mutters the x-egg. "It was my fault! I didn't mean for it to happen!"

"I know you didn't!" I reply. "I don't blame you."

"Of course you do!" It screams. "Everyone does!"

"But not your friends!" I protest. "Not me!"

"That's not true!" It screams. "Everyone always blames me for everything! 'Haruhi, why did you do this?' 'Haruhi your such a screw up! Why can't you do anything right?!' I can't take it anymore!"

"Why don't you tell us these things? We can't be real friends if you don't tell us things like this!"

"Your not!" It screeches. "Your just the people I lean on!"

"Isn't that the same thing?" My voice rises.

Letmedotherest. Comes Rei's voice from inside me.

And that is exactly what I do. I let her take over.

"Code Awakening!" I suddenly shout sprouting fire from my hands. The egg screams and is silent. "W-What happened? Did I just kill it??"

No.

"No." Says all my charas. "You cleansed it."

"I-I cleansed it? I thought that was something only Amu could do..." I trail off and Haruhi lifts her head up.

"S-Seiko? What happened? Where's my dad?" I look behind me. I guess she can't see him at the angle she's at.

"Uhm.. I talked him into going home. Let's get outta here before he changes his mind." I help her up and we walk the opposite way of the body of her knocked out father.

Set her against a tree and run back to collect the remains of my phone.

Hebrokemyphone. Next time he hurts Haruhi I'm gonna remember this and I'm gonna stab a (censored).

"OK, let's go to the coffee shop near here. Ill pay." She agrees without a word and I help her to the door and to a seat. I ask her what she wants, she tells me and I order, pay and deliver. She sips her cocoa in silence while I stare out into the night.

"Hey, Seiko?" She says, drawing my attention back to her.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for coming out tonight. I know it was sudden but I needed someone and the contact I hit was you."

"I didn't mind at all." I reply. ''It was no trouble at all, really." She has tears in her eyes again. "Excuse me for a moment." I say and get up from the table.

I go to the counter. "Do you have a phone I could use?" The lady nods and whips out her flip phone.

"Don't you have yours, though, in your pocket?" I look down and see part of my phone protruding from my pocket.

I pull it out. "See what happens when you drop a phone? This happens. Stick with your flip phone." She nods agreeingly and I dial the police.

I tell them what happens and what goes on. I tell them where she lives and where her passed out dad is. I tell them that's where he was, he may have got up and moved. I tell them I'm taking the oldest home with me, then hang up.

"OK, thank you." She nods and I hand the phone back to her.

I head back to Haruhi, who has finished her drink. "Come on. Let's go to my house. You can borrow some of my cloths."

She nods, as if she's given up and would let anything happen to her at this point. I grab her hand and we head to my house. She just walks behind me, with eyes as if she's dead. I don't want her dead. I would rather not deal with my friend being dead.

"Seto! You home yet?" No answer. I remember in the Anime they were sometimes out late... He's fine. He's a strong boy when you get past his appearance. He kinda reminds me of Armin Arlert, from the Shengeki no Kyojin anime. Weak appearance, strong mentally.

Yea, I just compared my brother to Armin.

Got a problem? Didn't think so.

"OK..." I pull her to my room and get out some Pajama's she can wear. "Here." She takes them and begins to unbutton her pants. "Wait. In my bathroom." She turns around, obeying me, and changes in my bathroom while I change into my cloths in my room.

When she's done, I'm done and I coax her down my stairs to eat something. What is today in the Shugo Chara world?

What day is it? And why isn't Seto home yet? I know he's safe but the fact that I don't know where his is is bothering me.

I can't leave Haruhi by herself, though. She still acts as if her hearts egg hasn't been purified. That bothers me. I saw it cleansed, right?

"Don't worry, Seiko-Chan!" Rei says. "Its fine! She's just in shock is all."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

I nod. I'll trust Rei. I get Haruhi some noodles. After they are done cooking, I give them to her and she shows emotion. "Thank you, Seiko! You know, I'm really glad you decides to have me over. But I'm kinda sad that I didn't bring any of my cloths... How silly of me." She laughs, like nothing had happened at all.

"Are you okay?" I ask her.

She nods her head. "Yeah. Why?"

"Nothing.." I reply. What the heck is going on? "You.. You want to go to my room and watch TV?"

"Sure!" She says, happy as can be. What happened?

"Want to watch horror?"

Her eyes gleam. "You know it."

I smile and we run to my room like best friends would. I go choose one called "The Hole" and put that one in. She spends the night watching movies, and I spend the night wondering what happened and when Seto was going to be back.