chapter 15

The next day, Ryan's parents called.

"Hello?" I said, answering the phone.

"Who's calling?" Ryan asked, sitting on the couch.

"It's your parents."

"Oh, I'll talk to them." He told me.

"Hey mom! Hi, dad!" He said, grabbing the phone. He put it on speaker.

"Ryan told us all about the big news!" They said.

Ryan and I looked at each other and smiled. 

"We thought it would be nice to have Ryan and our future daughter-in-law over for dinner. How does that sound?"

"That sounds fantastic! What time should we be over?" I asked.

"6pm would be perfect."

"We'll see you then."

"I love you, mom!" Ryan said.

"Love you too."

He hung up.

"Believe it or not," he said to me, "But you're the only girl I've dated who's met my parents."

"Well how many girls have you dated?" I asked him.

"Well quite a lot."

"Is that so?" I said, shooting him a look.

"Fine. I was a total player, Kylie. I was an olympian. I got treated like a celebrity and I abused that. I really never hit me that I needed to settle down until I met you, though. You changed everything. And there's never a day that I regret being with you."

I smiled at him and gave him a kiss.

"Now how many guys have you dated, Kylie?" He said.

"Well I've only been in one serious relationship, other than ours."

"What happened?"

"He broke my heart. We dated for two years. We were long distance when I went away for college. I came to his house to surprise him, and he was with another girl. It wasn't just that which hurt me. It was the fact that he lied to me. He would tell me he loved me while he was with another other girls. He changed my whole perspective on guys from then on. But I met you and you changed my perspective on guys again. In a good way."

"Did you date anyone in highschool?"

"Not really. To be honest, I liked Brandon throughout high school. He used to be my best friend. But then I moved away and we stopped talking."

We got ready and went to his parents house. We had a nice dinner and sat around the living room talking for the rest of the night.

"Have you two discussed wedding plans yet?" His mother asked.

Ryan and I looked at each other.

"Not really."

"How about an engagement party?"

"We haven't talked about that either."

"Then lets talk about it now!"

We spent the rest of the night discussing plans for our engagement party. We decided on having it at a small place in Downtown NYC. It was only going to be a few family members and friends. The party would take place the following friday evening. 

Ryan and I walked home, hand in hand. 

"I can't believe I'm getting married to you. It's like a dream come true." I told him.

He smiled down at me.

"I know. I seriously can't imagine life without you, Kylie."

I kissed him.

When we got home, we discussed wedding plans. 

"When should we get married?"

"I'd love to get married during summertime."

"Me too." He said.

"We still don't have a wedding venue or anything like that. Maybe we should hire a wedding planner or something."

"That sounds like a good idea."

I took a shower and went into the bedroom. Ryan was laying on the bed in sweatpants.

How did I get the hottest man on Earth half naked, and in my bed? 

I stood in the doorway admiring his perfect body. Just looking at him was a turn on.

I dropped my towel on the floor, leaving me completely naked. I made my way around the room to retrieve my clothes, walking past him. 

He dropped the remote and there was an obvious buldge in his sweats.

"You should come to bed soon." He said, seductively.

"I will. Once I put some clothes on." I said, standing in front of the bed.

"I'd prefer if you came to bed now."

I looked at him and smiled.

"It's a shame we're out of condoms." I told him.

He reached over and took one off his night stand, his eyes never leaving my body. 

I pushed him down on the bed, kissing him.

The next morning, we got a few noise complaints from our neighbors. Ryan and I laughed it off.

I got a phone call from a woman named Emily. 

"Is this Kylie?"

"Yes. Who's this?"

"My name is Emily. I'm a wedding planner out here in New York. I was wondering if you needed one. I contacted your work, and they gave me your number."

"Actually, I was just discussing this last night with Ryan. We actually need a wedding planner. Would you like to meet up with us sometime?"

"Absolutely!"

She sounded excited. She gave me the address to her office and Ryan and I met her there.

We walked in and she was on the phone with someone. Ryan walked right out, pulling me through the door with him.

"What?!" I asked him.

"There's no way I'm letting her plan our wedding."