chapter 3

Should I give Ryan a chance? I mean I've had my experiences with douches who "love me" then leave me. Was he just using me? Or being honest. My mind was telling me not to do it, but my heart was screaming yes. 

"One chance. That's all you have. I can't afford to get my heart broken any more times..." I said looking down sadly. "Everyone leaves, but I guess it's worth a try.."

"Look, Kylie, I'd never ever hurt you like that. As long as you're willing to be committed, I am too. I promise. And even if it's just one chance I'll do my best not to screw things up. I promise. I promise to give you my heart, my commitment, and I promise to love you like you deserve to be loved."

I look into his deep blue eyes, and for that moment, everything was perfect. I felt complete.

"When will I see you again?" he asked.

"I don't know. I just finished my last semester for college so I'm pretty much free for the rest of summer."

"Well can I at least have your phone number?"

"Of course". We exchanged numbers and he gave me a gentle kiss on the lips. 

"Goodnight Kylie."

"Goodnight Ryan."

I opened the door of my apartment to find my roomate, Anna, sprawled out on the floor surrounded with junk food, watching a movie on the floor. Not only was she my roomate, but my best friend. We went to school together, and did almost everything else together.

"Where on Earth have you been?!? You missed movie night with me! I almost fell asleep! We're besties! How could you?!" she says in her English accent. It's quite entertaining just to hear her speak.

"Oh my god, Anna, I'm so sorry I totally forgot! But you'll never guess what happened!"

"No way! You were totally with a guy! You were weren't you!? Spill the deets!"

"Um well you've been watching the olympics right? Becuase it's a really long story and to be honest it's not really believable but it did happen."

"Yes of course I've been watching the olympics, silly! And we've been best friends for years. I'll believe you no matter how ridiculous and stupid your stories are."

I laughed at her and told her the whole story. 

"RYAN LOCHTE?!? OH MY GOD! YOU'RE SO LUCKY! I can't believe you almost had sex with the hottest olympian ever!! I can't believe you guys didn't do it!"

"Oh well. I'm just so scared to have my heart broken. I swore I'd never love anyone again."

"But Kylie, this is RYAN FUCKING LOCHTE! I would've paid you to have sex with him just to tell me the details."

"You're crazy. And I'm going to bed. Long day. Night bestie"

I walked to my room. I threw on some pjs and went into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. I took my messy wet hair out of its braid and brushed my teeth. I climbed in bed. Thoughts were swirling inside my head. Did I make the right choice? I really wasn't looking for a relationship, but I guess I'll just have to take risks.. I finally fell asleep.

I awoke to see a text message from Ryan. I grabbed my phone and read the message.