THREE: CRY ON MY SHOULDER

〰️

〰️

"Alright. We finished Supernatural. What else you got?" Jake asked,

It's been a week since Vincent's home was broken into. A week since he went phone-less.

"I wanna save the rest; we might run out of things to watch early," Vincent said. "I only got five shows left, and the rest of them are movies."

"Let's see them, then."

"Noooo," whined Vincent. "I wanna read."

"What? Who does that?" asked Jake. "That's for nerds."

"So is your Die Hard obsession, but I'm not complaining."

"Tushy," Jake said.

Vincent smirked in amusement. "It's touché."

"Whatever."

Vincent rolled his eyes, a half-sigh, half-snort escaping his lips. He stood up. "I brought two bags of books. Wanna read one?"

Slight disgust was visible in his eyes, but it was clear that his boredom was greater than his dislike for books. "Alright," he relented.

Vincent grinned, triumphant. "Well, say hello to Hogwarts. See ya in a sec!"

After finding the books, he handed one of them to Jake. "Here," he said. "Start with that." He plopped down beside Jake and began to read They Both Die At The End.

"Sorcerer's Stone?" Jake said. "But I've already seen the movies!"

Vincent turned to him with a glare. "Shut up, I'm trying to read. Put that book down if you don't like it and die in boredom."

Jake shut up at that and started reading. He leaned against the arm of the couch, so he faced Vincent, who was sitting in the same position.

He couldn't really concentrate on Harry Potter, as books weren't his thing in the first place, so he ended up occasionally looking up at Vincent. He found himself staring at the other man.

Vincent Rogers was handsome, there was no point denying that, even as a straight man. It wasn't just about his face, either. He had this aura that emanated a kind of manliness that added to his charm. It's no wonder why ladies (and1 men) fall for him. The fact that he was true to himself also made others like him.

Jake took his eyes off him, concentrating back to the book, pressing his lips together. He shook the thought from his head.

He was straight. Sure, he thought guys were attractive too. But that's normal, right? He's heterosexual, not blind.