Chapter 19, Part 3

Ok, so GUESSSSSSS WHAT GUYYYYYYSSSSSSS IT'S PART 3 AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?! ALTERNATIVE POV'S FROM BOTH DAREN AND MARIENNA!!! YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY.

~Fanwarrior480

****************

Daren's POV

I watch as the clock counts down the seconds, minutes, to the nearest hour. I'm sitting in Enna's hospital room for the umpteenth time. She's been unconscious for about 6 months now. I haven't seen her green and gold eyes for 6 months.

Right after she had first fallen unconscious, I had carried her to the infirmary, and when she was being checked by the doctors there, she had coughed up a chip. The very same chip we had found in our first mission. Since then, I've been obsessed with finding out more about it. What it did to her. I have a bit of a hypothesis, but no one agrees with me on how she came to get it out of her system.

I've tried to stay with her everyday for those last 6 months, and I have. Not all day, but there is never a day when I don't see her comatose body, looking as if she was sleeping. Which she kind of is.

Many times, the doctors who take care of Enna have tried to convince me to let her go, to let her die in peace, but I always refused. Somewhere, in the back of my mind, I knew that she was still in there, somewhere, struggling to break free of that unconscious state. Even when I doubted myself, that nagging part of my brain kept me going.

Today is Emerie's birthday. She's 16 now. In a couple of months, Enna will be 17. And she may not even be awake to celebrate it. Emerie, Ryder, and Dawn try to visit her as often as possible, but not as much as I do.

Doctors used to sometimes watch my visits with her, just to see if she'd have a reaction to it. She never did, so they've stopped. It's like they've given up on her, it's as if the world has given up on her. I'm the only one who hasn't.

I tap my shoes against the white tiled floor. Most of the room is white. The bed, the walls, the curtains, everything. Well, almost all the walls. One of them is glass, so the doctors can see if she ever has a reaction. But everything else is white. I always found it strange, because when someone dies you wear black, but in this hospital where people sometimes die, it's white. Maybe to represent hope.

I always hold her hand whenever I come. Her cold, lifeless hand. Whenever I'd feel hopeless, sitting there alone, I'd squeeze her hand gently in the hopes that maybe one day she'd squeeze back. Of course, she never did.

Today was another day to feel hopeless. I've been mulling the last few months in my head, mulling over all the things I've ever done for this girl.

I've saved this girl from her orphanage.

I've helped her find friends, a place where she felt like she belonged.

I've jumped out of a building for this girl.

I've tried everything I could for the safety of this girl.

I've waited for 6 months for this girl, hoping that she'd come back to me.

I've fallen in love with this girl.

And I'm definitely not going to forget my feelings for this girl.

I feel a tear fall down my face. I don't want to lose her. I don't. I've been holding onto a string of false hope that maybe she'll come back. But a small amount of hope is better than no hope at all... Right?

I squeeze her hand, and whisper to her. This helps me, sometimes, whenever I'm feeling alone. "Enna. If there can be some small miracle, some hope for this stupid world, please. Please come back to me. I need you. I've barely survived these past 6 months. I don't think I can take any longer." The tears are coming fast now. "Please. Please come back."

I can't anymore. I stand up and walk over to a far corner of the room, and cry into my arm. Suddenly, I hear heavy breathing, as if someone's been running a marathon. Then, a voice.

"Daren?"

****************

Yes, yes I know. Extremely short chapter. It's just covering up what happened in the last few months. But hey, CLIFFHANGERRRRRR. HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY IT. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.