Chapter 16

The walk takes forever, and New-Enna is really ticking me off as she tries helplessly to talk to me.
"Did I even get your name?"
"Nope."
"Well... What's your name?"
"Daren."
"Nice name."
(Mentally punches her) I stay silent. There's a short moment of peace for me, before she starts talking... YET AGAIN.
"Where are we going?"
"Somewhere."
"Thanks for being specific."
I grunt.
"Are you gonna tell me anything?"
"Nope."
"Why not?"
I shrug.
"Will there be anyone to tell me stuff that I need to know?"
"Yup."
"Good. You're clearly not getting me anywhere."
For once, the words she's uttering is not a question. I watch as the buildings go by as we walk closer and closer to the new underground bases we would've gone to if anything went wrong. Eoin told us where it is before, and I remember. Something went wrong, so now we have to relocate there.
"Here we are," I say, once we've gotten to the underground base, except above ground. We were standing above the base.
"Where? There's nothing here!" She was right. All you could see standing there was just a wide open landscape of concrete. "It's just the ground!"
"Yes it is," I nod.
"So... Where were you taking me?"
"Here."
"You..." She sounds annoyed now. ACCOMPLISHMENT. "You know, you appear really cute on the outside, but then when people get to know you, you're an idiot."
Eh... That was kinda like Old-Enna. Except for the cute part.
"Yup," is my only answer.
She breathes in and out as if to calm her temper. Then her eyes widen. "Wait a sec... You liked me before I went in there, didn't you."
Now it's my turn to be confused. "I what?"
"You loved me before. You're just too afraid to admit it," she says, crossing her arms on her chest.
"Ummm... What does this have to do with this?"
"It may have to do with why you brought me to nowhere."
"What, so you think I brought you here so that I could talk you into loving me again? Sorry, but I'm definitely not playing towards that. I'm just doing my job," I say.
"Hmmhmm. And what's your job?"
"I work against the government, and you did too. I just brought you to our new underground base," I reply.
"Huh. Well thanks for that, but how do you know that I wanna be here? Why can't I just go back to wherever I came from?"
"Try that, and you'll probably have tons of terrible consequences, maybe resulting in getting sent to the police. That's very Pre-Enna of you, questioning working here."
"Pre-Enna? Oh ok then," she says, rolling her eyes.
"Come on then," I say.
I find the secret compartment in the concrete, covered by an unsuspicious looking dumpster. I struggle a little to push it off to the side just a little. "Are you gonna help?"
"Fine," she stands next to me and pushes as well. Eventually we move it enough for us both to slide into the cylinder-like elevator. Once New-Enna slips into the elevator, I push the dumpster back into position as much as I can, except leaving a bit of space so I can get through. I slip inside, but accidentally fall in the process. I groan and get up again and see that New-Enna is scoffing quietly.
We're bathed in a blue light. I stand up again, flick a switch, and the dumpster moves over the hole more so that it's fully covered. There's a lever next to New-Enna that will bring us down.
"Can you bring down that lever?" I ask.
"Sure," she says, sounding bored. She pulls it, and we zoom down to the new Homebase.
****************
Hello! Uninteresting chapter, I know. The next one and maybe the one after that may be boring too (just gonna warn you) but then things will definitely get... DIFFERENT in a little while, to put it in the nicest way... HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE.