Greetings

I awoke from the warm heat of a bright crackling fire. I shot up. Where the hell was I? I looked around me, nice place I guess, but I wouldn’t be staying long enough to appreciate it. I sat up and looked around the huge space desperate to find a door. I found the door at last.

In a flash I was up and standing in front of the door, i clenched the handle and opened it, no way was I staying here! But before I could take one step strong hands clenched around my waist and pulled me back

"Get off me!" I screamed as the door slammed in front of me and I was hauled back into the living room

"Hey, calm down, I’m not going to hurt you, just-stop-struggling" a warm, friendly voice said.

I stopped struggling and turned my captor “I suggest you explain yourself before I feel obliged to break your neck!” I shouted turning. The stranger let me go and stepped back. He was tall and looked about a year older than me in human years.

The stranger didn’t speak but I a different voice seemed to reply "all in good time miss 'I’m on a mission' and did you have a good sleep?” I looked around to find the source of the noise when my eyes fixed on a figure hidden in the shadows on the stairs. He stepped forward to reveal it was the guy called ‘Damon’ from earlier on.

I looked out the window to see it was dark outside “how long was I out?” I asked.

“About 5 hours” ‘Damon’ replied jogging down the stairs to stand next to the one I didn’t know the name of.

“Brilliant… my mum is probably worried sick!” I frowned placing my hands on my hips. Damon laughed “that’s all taken care of”

I growled “what did you do” I stepped forward but the other one held me back, “Damon! Don’t provoke her further”

“I’m only messing Stefan, lighten up” Damon said to Stefan, “I didn’t do anything to your ‘mum’, I just compelled her to forget about you and we’ll be round tomorrow to collect your stuff” he shrugged.

“What?” I asked in monotone, I wasn’t at all impressed with their failed attempt to hold me hostage.

“We’ll explain everything to you, just as long as you don’t try and escape or use your powers on us” Stefan said.

I huffed “fine”

Stefan and Damon walked over to the pair of sofa’s which were opposite each other and sat down. I sat down on the one opposite them and leant back.

Stefan leant forward and clasped his hands together as he sighed.

“My names Stefan and this is my brother Damon” Stefan explained. I nodded “I’m Carmen” I replied

“You’re probably wondering why you’re here…” Damon said “noooo… really?” I said sarcastically.

“I have to warn you. Our explanation is a little strange and we don’t expect you to believe us but we just want you to co-operate, and I’m saying that in the least threatening way that I possibly can” Stefan explained.

“Alright, get on with it then” I said in an annoyed tone.

“We know your 565, and a hybrid… and well, we’ve been following you around for some time now, watching how you live and survive as a vampire, to make sure you are the right person we need.” Damon started.

“We’ve watched you practise magic and we know that you have taught yourself all of your skills. You only feed on Sundays and you haven’t killed anyone in over 5 years”

I sighed “if you’re going to sit here and tell me everything I already know then I’m just going to leave” I growled ready to leave, and this time… no one will stop me.

“Wait! Sorry, we’ll get on with it” Stefan pleaded before I could stand up. I sighed angrily and got comfortable.

“Were not the only ones who have watched you for a long time, someone else has as well…”

I frowned and paid close attention.