Chapter 11 - Our Happy Day

Disclaimer: I've never seen vows, I've been to multiple weddings but they're usually held celebrating the marriage rather than officiating (it usually happens beforehand.) Therefore I'm basing this all on a website I found and multiple movies with all the sappy stuff, also apologies for the repetitiveness, I think them saying the whole "I do" and "I wed thee" is so much more heartfelt rather than cutting it short and just being like "I do" and "you may now kiss"
You may now continue lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the one," I gush, staring into the mirror at the beautiful satin dress. The sweetheart neckline modest, exposing little but complimenting my chest. The skirt fit around my hips and flowed out at the bottom exposing the tips of my matching ivory flats.

"It looks wonderful on you, Elle. Dean, we'll get this one," Jennie says with a smile, prompting me back to the changing room.

After returning to our room yesterday, Ash and I had fallen asleep. This morning I was rushed by Jennie to get ready and leave the castle. Turns out, Julia had already gotten to work, organising the wedding. She'd pulled some strings to get me an appointment at Mr Dean's dress and bridal shop.

I've been trying on dresses nonstop for the last 2 hours trying to find something that was simple, attractive and didn't show too much skin.

Jennie and Dean have helped me through the process, suggesting different styles, colours and fabrics. Occasionally I'd see them quietly whispering amongst themselves, Dean smiling at Jennie and her quickly avoiding his gaze. I was getting a "more than friends" vibe from them.

Stepping out of the small changing room, I placed the dress onto Dean's waiting hand, "thank you." He walks over to the counter, I follow as he begins to wrap the garment up. "It's a present from me to you, Elle," Dean smiles handing me a peach coloured box tied with a ribbon.

"Thank you so much, Dean, I really do appreciate the help, will you be coming to my wedding?" I ask, hopeful, to see another friendly face.

He gives me a sad look before answering, "it's too short notice, I would love to come but I'm packed full with appointments today, but there is no need to frown because I will definitely be at the coronation. As I will be the one to see you crowned in one of my luxurious gowns," he finishes with a smile.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, goodbye Dean," I say heading towards the exit with Jennie after she also said goodbye, her eyes lingering on him. Maybe she did have a thing for him, I smile to myself.

Arriving back at the castle, Jennie left me to help Julia, I returned to my room with a small group of people waiting to do my hair and make up for the wedding. Hours go by, my hair was put in loose curls, my nails manicured and my make up done. Putting on my dress and a pair of matching flats, Eli greeted me at the door to escort me to the ballroom.

As Julia promised, it was a small affair. 

The doors opened into the familiar room now adorned with white bunting above the high windows, the crystal chandelier polished to gleam for our short ceremony.

Alfred and Julia were seated in the only seats, located to the right of the aisle, Clyde stood beside his brother waiting, patiently, for their lovers to join them.

Eli presented a hand smiling up at me, "you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," I gleam back, taking his hand he leads me down to the altar.

Reaching our destination, we come to a stop, Eli gives my hand over to Ash as he presents me with his breath-taking smile to me in his fitted tux.

Eli, then, moves over to Clyde, squeezing his hand; blinking back tears, Julia gives me a cute thumbs up, while Alfred gives a warm smile.