Chapter 1: Tomorrow There'll Be More Of Us

—(Y/n's) POV—

I was lying on my couch with my friend, Leah. Giving me another lecture, for what feels like the millionth time.
"Honestly you need to find yourself a proper job Y/n, maybe you can try working for my father it would be good for you" Leah says while walking back and forth in my living room.
I groan. "I told you I'm not working an office job, they're boring."
"Well if you're not going to work for my father then maybe try working with Adam or try preforming for bars or something, it would at least be a start" she basically commands.
"I already have a job though" I say in my defense.
"Yeah a job that barley pays your bills and is barely able to scrap by itself, hell it's closing down next month" she says pissed.
I look at her annoyed and she just sighs. "Adam and I are coming around tomorrow to discuss things with you, try thinking of what you'll be doing in the mean time."
"Uh huh sure" I simply shrug her idea off.
"I'm serious Y/n, we just finished high school and you don't know what you're gonna do. We're trying to help" she says a bit concerned.
"I know and I will figure it out so stop worrying" I say a little annoyed.
"Alright... I'll see you tomorrow" she says walking to the front door.
"See ya" I wave goodbye and she does the same as she walks out and closes the door behind her.
I groan in annoyance as I sit up on my couch. I look at the time and see it's 11 o'clock at night. Jeez I should really start limiting the amount of time she decides to lecture me about life....... I stand up from my couch and head upstairs to my room.
Weird I still live in a two story house with a job that is running through the dirt Leah......... Damn it I should've said that.
I mentally scold myself for not thinking of this sooner. I walk into my room when I notice my phone on my desk. I noticed that I had 'Alexander Hamilton' ready to play on it which made me a bit excited, so I walk over to it and I click play. The song starts and I start to sing along.

(Play Song Above)
Normal = Actions
Bold = Phone/Back up vocals
Italics = You
Underline = Both (You and Phone)

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a
Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten
Spot in the Caribbean by Providence, impoverished, in squalor
Grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

I start to sway my hips and click my fingers to the song as I head over to dresser.

The ten-dollar Founding Father without a father

Got a lot farther by workin' a lot harder
By bein' a lot smarter
By bein' a self-starter
By fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter

I look through the drawers of my dresser and grab out some pjs which consists of a singlet and pyjama shorts.

And every day while slaves were being slaughtered and carted
Away across the waves, he struggled and kept his guard up
Inside, he was longing for something to be a part of
The brother was ready to beg, steal, borrow, or barter

I throw the pjs on my bed as I walk over to my phone still clicking my fingers to the beat.

Then a hurricane came, and devastation reigned
Our man saw his future drip, drippin' down the drain
Put a pencil to his temple, connected it to his brain
And he wrote his first refrain, a testament to his pain

I grab my phone and head to my bathroom.

Well the word got around, they said, "This kid is insane, man!"
Took up a collection just to send him to the mainland
"Get your education, don't forget from whence you came, and
The world's gonna know your name! What's your name, man?"