Part 28 - Announcements

~8:09pm~

Prom has just started. People were flooding in, big groups and couples giddy with excitement. Everyone waited until the end of the year to spend money and get a nice dress, so cocktail outfits were perfect for this. Everyone was filing in and starting to get comfortable; dancing, sitting, eating and everything in-between. You spotted your friends from across the room and smiled, but continued with your door duties.

You were handing out tickets when you saw a bright white explosion near the floor. You looked up and saw the huge skirt of a dress, you looked up horrified and met stone cold eyes and blank ones next to theirs.

"Ticket!"

her annoying voice immediately pissed you off. They way she tried to look down on you aggravated you and using Coups as a tool to annoy you further. Her childish ideas were stupid, but even stupider they worked.

You shoved one at her and she just smirked, he had a blank expression. A white fitted dress skirt and blank trousers, looking so casual yet so attractive? You hadn't been this close to him in ages and the feelings flooded back, suffocating a fragile heart. You just smiled through the pain and he tried to not acknowledge you.

— — —

Nayeon: "Why does she look like an actual marshmallow?" you all whispered in the corner and giggled, sitting at a table.

Dahyun: "I don't know but I'm not in the mood for it, her or her extra ass" she snapped her fingers as the noise started to die down.

Wendy: "I'm more interested in watching her trying to flirt with other boys, i swear her and Seungchol are meant to be a thing" she rolled her eyes and you all looked towards her, though she had since disappeared.

Y/n: "Probably off to drug another boy and get away with it, sick fu-" you were about to speak but got cut off by a defending ring of a microphone.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE!"

You looked up, Rose stood in the middle of the dancing area, no music accompanied her as she started to from a circle around her and her huge dress. You and your friends went over curious and managed to sneak to the front, watching the scene unravel before you.

"Ok! I'll keep it short and snappy. As you should be aware, me and Seungchol are kind of together" she paused looking over to him lovingly whilst his friends just laughed and tested, but he still had his poker face on.

"Anyway..we have some great news! My father and Seungchol's father have been discussing things and came to the conclusion on how to grow our separate family businesses. Therefore, me and Seungchol will be getting married next year!"

Silence fell..everyone stunned, disgusted or just disappointed as now one of the hottest bachelors was unavailable. The the room erupted into a scattered applause, even her friends stunned by the absurdity of it. Meanwhile you drowned out the noise and felt your heart again, after so long of wondering where it went. You could feel your friends gazes burning on you but they didn't matter right now. You put a reassuring but shaking hand on Wendy and they disappeared, god knows where to but somewhere. And that to other stares. Josh looked at you, biting his lip and frantically mouthing "DO YOU NEED HELP" but even his efforts were pointless, which left one last person.