Chapter 3

Dear Diary,

Yay, it is Christmas Day. I woke up really early this morning because Mr Fluffkins- the most adorable kitty ever, woke me up by meowing down my ear; but also to check inside my stocking for the Make-Up Magic make-up set. But all I found was: Some cat dishes, a banana scented rubber, some peanuts and a chocolate bar. Well a chocolate bar wrapper, I kinda ate the chocolate bar, it was yummy! That means the Make-Up Magic make-up set must be downstairs under the tree, that looks fabulous after I decorated it!

I went downstairs after a bit and I found that mum had made a breakfast of pizza, cupcakes and shortbread pieces which were cut and decorated into the shape of Christmas trees and presents. It tasted absolutely fabulous since I couldn't eat anything yesterday because I was so excited. After everyone had tucked into their delicious breakfast we all went into the lounge and turned on all of the fairy lights. They lit up the whole entire room, it was stunning. We opened our presents in the same order as yesterday; so Joey then dad then mum then me. Simple. Joey got an amazing remote control car from mum, dad got a lovely camera from me, mum got a fabulous hairdryer from dad. Then it was my go. "Get ready to bow down to my epic present you guy's" I cheerfully said though I don't think anyone was listening. This was the moment of truth. Please be the Make-Up Magic make-up set, please. Could it be? I got a huge bottle of conditioner. Seriously!

I am so disappointed. I just ask for one simple present but instead I get something completely different, unfair. "what about the Make-Up Magic make-up set I begged for?" I blubbered to dad. "Honey, we couldn't afford it" whilst he was talking he handed out another present to everyone else. "Just kidding!" He passed me a present. Could it be, again? Is it? It is. The Make-up Magic make-up set!I finally have it! I must go to my room and 'make-up' my face. I put some blusher on, some eye shadow, and lippy. Triple Whammy!

I rushed back downstairs because I wanted to open some more presents (I love presents!). I got to the bottom of the steps and found Joey sitting in the kitchen sink which was full of washing up water, which was used after our special Christmas tea of chicken nuggets, more pizza and chocolate mouse. It was like the best thing in the world; seriously! Wait a minute, how have mum and dad not noticed a pudgy Joey crawling out of the lounge with chocolate smooched on his face? What are they doing in there? So I went and checked.

Ewww! They were kissing! I had to brake it up, so I did what any human would naturally do, I said "Hey, you two find a room!" That certainly shocked them. I just realized mum had Christmas socks on which had bells on the front, they looked so FLUFFY! "Sorry darling, we thought we would take a brake from all this present opening for a bit and Joey said he would find you and play with his new remote control car with Sam. We kinda thought you guys were upstairs and we had some quiet time."  By the way Sam is what Joey called his Pug. And why would I wanna play with a stupid remote control car when I finally have my Make-Up Magic make-up set? Then I remembered about Joey, "Mum, Joey never came to find me. I came downstairs and found him in the kitchen sink which still has dirty water in it." Mum and dad shot each other a look though dads look made him look constipated. "Oh no, come on girls, we better get him out of there." My dad ordered us in a very deep voice.

In the kitchen, Joey had managed to get his hands on the ketchup again because as we came in we noticed that he had a red saucy moustache and beard. "Goodness gracious me, what is that around your face? Has someone got their hands on the ketchup again. I did tell your dad to put it on the top cupboard so you couldn't reach it." Why does mum always baby him? Mum tried to pick him up but his is a bit pudgy so she almost dropped him, but she didn't. Then dad ran upstairs to grab a towel and dried him off. It was so gross because I had to wipe all the ketchup up; and it stained. Again! And you can guess what happened next- mum and dad took Joey upstairs to get changed and I had to scrub the ketchup off the towel myself. It took forever!

Once I had done it we went back to the lounge and opened more presents. I got: More make-up, a hair curler, sweets and chocolate but also designer beauty products! It was totally amazing! Don't think Mr Fluffkins didn't get anything, I went out on Christmas Eve and brought cat treats and a cat basket, and I let him play in the torn wrapping paper. I am that nice.