Chapter 2

Dear diary,

I should probably start talking about Mr Fluffkins. Every Christmas Eve me and my family open one present before we go to sleep, then save the rest for Christmas Day. Dad had said earlier (after I had been almost squeezed to death by Joey's annoying friends) that each of us had very special presents that we shouldn't shake because the present might get angry. I got really excited and all different types of gift ideas popped into my head. 'Could I be getting the Make-Up Magic make-up set and dad is just saying the presents might get angry for Joey's sake or could I be getting a vicious robot.' There was only one thing I could do...

I had to find those presents and shake them!

So I spied on dad whilst he secretly (not) put the special gifts under the tree. Joey's was massive! Mum's was small and mine was in the middle of those two sizes. What could they be? I watched as dad silently crept away through the other lounge door. I was about to step in but suddenly mum crept in before I had the chance to. Then she carefully put a present down, and left. I am guessing it was for dad. Hopefully there will be no more interruptions. The coast was clear so I quickly sneaked in and picked up my box ever so carefully, as if it were a baby. As I felt it I realized that there were holes all over the present; as if the thing that was in there had to breath. Then I noticed that every gift had holes. Do we suddenly own a pet shop or something? As I was about to put the box down because it sounded like the whole family was coming for their presents, my hand touched something wet at the bottom of the box. And it smelt like cat pee. EEHHH!

I had to quickly run to the kitchen and wash my hands before anyone realized what had happened.
 "Ally darling, where are you? Time for presents." I tried to act casually as I walked into the lounge but for some random reason I could help but laugh and the worst thing was that I couldn't stop myself. The faces on my parents were hilarious! Once I had finally managed to calm myself down a bit we all started to open our presents. Joey went first. He got a pug (a type of dog). Then dad had his go. He got tons of fish. Mum went next. She got three mice. Then I had to open mine. I slowly unwrapped the fine paper which then revealed a tabby cat which was dressed as a dog. It was adorable! All I can say is that I hope tomorrows presents won't include kitty litter.

Dad started to give us a boring lecture about how the woman at the pet shop said that all the animals are fine to be around each other but we have to still keep an eye-out in case one of them gets angry and starts to fight one another. But all I could think of is how I need to decide on a name for my lovely kitty. So later on I took Kitty ( it's name for now) on a tour around the house. All I can say is that you shouldn't show a cat the inside of a fridge when it has raw meat in it. Seriously though it might make a jump for it if your not careful; which I wasn't.

When I got round to showing Kitty my room, which is where he will sleep and stay, I got out my notebook and jotted down a few cute cat names. Once I had done, I laid the book down on my bed. One of the names were Mr Fluffkins; and as I turned around I saw that Kitty's paw was pointing at the precise name. Why did I think that I had to pick Kitty's proper name, I should let Kitty pick his name himself, and he obviously wanted Mr Fluffkins. So on Boxing Day I will go down to the pet shop and get his name engraved on a name tag and also buy a lead. I hope that won't be too expensive. Anyway I must get some shut-eye if I want to be up early in the morning to look inside my stocking.