Chapter 1

Dear diary,                                                                                                                                             

I love my new cat Mr Fluffkins! He is so adorable. His whole body is ginger but his feet and legs are white. And he is so cuddly and cute. One time I tried to hug him but he kinda screamed and lets just say that my leg was oozing blood for a few minutes. Anyway, this morning I woke up and felt full of excitement, since it is now Christmas Eve! I keep on nagging my mum to get me the Make Up Magic make up set and tomorrow I will (hopefully) look under the Christmas tree and find a large wrapped box with an elegant tag on the front, which will read 'To Ally, from Mum and Dad'. I can imagine it now; huge smiles everywhere, as gift wrapping is getting torn of the lovely presents. Everyone thinks nothing can top their wonderful gifts, then they see my fabulous new make up set and pretty soon everyone in the whole world bows down to me... A girl can dream.

As I came down for breakfast, the smell of burnt toast danced in my nostrils. When will mum ever learn't how to make a simple breakfast of butter and toast. Then a glimmer of something sparkling in the hallway caught my eye. Dad had finally got down the Christmas decorations. Yay! For some reason my mum has strict orders about when we can start putting up decorations for anything. Last year on my birthday, I woke up really early because I really wanted to know if I had got a hair straightener. So I went downstairs and when I got down there I heard someone shuffling around in the lounge; so I did what any human would do and went into the shed and grabbed a steel pole. Then I went back inside and beated the bum off the two strangers who were in there. I later realized that it was actually mum and dad putting up my birthday banners at five am. I did get into trouble but I still got my hair straighteners.

Anyway, I love to dress up the tree for Christmas. The star at the top making everything full of good cheer. The tinsel is like a fur coat on a white Christmas. And finally, the baubles and the fairy lights make everything shimmer and seem jolly. But my favourite part is hanging the chocolate and candy-canes because I can hide my favourite ones and eat them later.

When I had pretended to eat the burnt toast (but actually through it away) I made a dash for the beautiful tree and chocolates, which had just been awkwardly dumped on the floor. When I dragged them into the lounge I got a terrible shock as my five year old brother Joey was laying on the floor covered in ketchup. " What on earth are you doing we need to get the Christmas decorations up and you have messed up the floor! " I screamed. I must have screamed a bit too loud because the door bell went and it was the neighbor's coming to see if someone is hurt.

Mum and dad came down to see what all the commotion was about. I told her what had happened and she just said that I should wet a sponge and clean it up myself as a punishment for waking the neighbor's up. It left a horrible stain. Then I had a fantastic idea. We have two sheets of fluffy fake snow; I could put it over the mark that was left and put the tree on that. I am a genius.

 Once the tree had finally managed to stand by it's self I could start decorating it; there was only one problem. Joey wanted to help! If he helps then the tree would be a disaster. One year he did it all himself and it ended up looking like a rubbish dump. I couldn't let the tree look like that ever again, that is why I am the family tree dresser. I guess I could let him do one side and I do the other and then I could go back and do his side again when he isn't looking. Nah, I can't  be bothered to do half the tree again I will just do it myself. How am I going to brake the news to him? I will just lay down the cold hard truth, 'Joey I will just do the tree this year, I know this will be hard for you so have a candy cane.' Then I will give him the one I don't want. Brilliant!

When I told him he did look a bit sad at first but then he did the loudest (and stinkiest) fart ever. It absolutely stunk! That cheered him up. Then all of a sudden a herd of boys who I thought were goats at first, bombarded me. Then they started hugging me. There were about 11 six year old boys crowding round me; they asked me questions like: where's the snacks, waitress? Cough up some candy! and even, where's the beef? I heard one say that I am fabulous and I love ya. Or was I dreaming? Ha, who ever it was is true though.

I later realized, after I ran away from them that Joey's friend's all came round for the day. How am I supposed to focus on baubles and tinsel when a bunch of screaming kids are running around the place nicking chocolates! Sometimes days are really hard.