Chapter 4

So my microsoft word stopped working and prevented me from opening the chapters I had already with it. so i had to use sucky wordpad that doesn't even check for spelling errors so you guys are going to have to bare with me on the grammar from now on, i will try to fix as much i can with out the computers help, pathetic i know lol.

----------------------------------------------------

[Kris]

"Kris clean out kennel five!" I heard my boss yell, I rolled my eyes sighing. He hates me I swear! He only ever ask me to clean no one else. He has it out for me, marching over to the kennel I grabbed the cleaning tools; kennel five held one of my favorite dogs; Jack was a rescue, golden retriever still a puppy. We had gotten him a few weeks ago from an abandoned house. The people left him to stave when they left. The only reason he was saved was because he would whine half the day away till someone heard and called the pound. When he first came in he was just bones but after the few weeks he’d been here was healthier that ever.

I worked at the shelter for a couple years now and I loved it here being the animal lover that I am, well besides my boss. But I always knew I wants to work in some way with animals. Opening the kennel I walked in Jack was bouncing around, he had kind of gotten attached to me as I’ve gotten to him.

"hey Jack" I greeted enthusiastically kneeling down to ruffle his golden fur. "hows my boy"

He barked happily. Smiling I stood and began cleaning up his mess, I refilled his bowl and water placing down newspaper for him to use for the bathroom. Once I was done I sat down leaning back against the wall. Jack pranced over to me his little pink tongue hanging out as he panted and plopped right into my lap. Chuckling I buried my fingers into his warm fur as he rested his small head on my arm.

"I miss him Jack" I whispered. He looked up at me with those big brown puppy eyes. "I miss him so much.

Two months have passed since I sent him my reply to his letter but I haven’t gotten one back. all I can do lately is worry myself sick; is he ok, is he hurt, when is he going to answer my letter, did he even get it? I hated that I couldn’t see him over skype like the rest of them or he would get in trouble. I was stuck with just written words instead of seeing his handsome face. I wanted him back here with me, I wanted to touch him, feel his skin, kiss him till we were breathless and I prayed that he came back to me to do just that and I'd never let him go.

I always felt horrible when I use to watch people seeing off their loved ones on TV to the war or hear how painful it was for them to watch them go. I never in a million years thought I would be one of them that would be feeling what it was like personally and to tell you the truth it sucked. But nothing can beat the relief and happiness you feel when you see them come home to you.

Jack stood on his hind leg in my lap and pressed his tiny paws up against my chest wagging his tail and licking my face. I laughed picking him up and lifting him in the air to stare up at him.

"you are unbelievably cute" I cooed him. he yapped excitedly. I remember when Jeremy would come to my work and help out sometimes. He said that he always wanted a dog, they were his favorite animals.

=*=*=

[ Past ]

"so you work at a shelter?" he asked biting in to his burger. We had been dating for a month now and what a great month it was. Jeremy was the sweetest guy I’ve ever met, he had his rough sides but who didn’t. We were our sixth date. Since I had school we had to work around that meaning he would come pick me up that night. it was like we couldn’t get enough of each other. Nothing we did got on each other’s nerves, we weren’t sick of each other. It was perfect. He would make me blush like no one else could; the smallest compliment would have my face burning.