Chapter 2: A Summer Academy for Ninjas?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

CHAPTER 2: SCHOOL IN THE SUMMER? JUST KILL ME NOW.

Rin's POV

"We're here!" declares Guy. He strikes a weird pose and points to a door. "Just walk up the stairs and knock on the first door to your left. That'll be the Hokage's office. As long as you are your youthful self, I am sure he will like you!"

Kakashi just nods and strides away, probably eager to get away from Guy. I wish I could do the same and escape.

"Um, thanks, Guy."

He flashes me a thumbs-up. "I shall come and find you with the speed of youth! Good day, Rin!"

And he leaps onto the roof and begins sprinting away like it's completely normal to jump onto the top of buildings and run.

I sigh, kind of used to seeing weird things now.

I enter the building, get past the receptionist, and climb the winding stairs up to another door. A sign says 'Hokage' hangs in front of it.

Doesn't that mean 'Fire Shadow'?

I gulp before knocking twice on the door.

"Come in," an elderly voice rings out cheerfully.

I grab the knob and twist it, accidentally breaking it with a loud snap. I gasp as I hold the cold metal in my hand. How did I even do that?

The door swings open, revealing a surprised old man sitting behind a desk flooded with papers.

"I-I'm so sorry!" I cry out, silently cursing myself.

Surprisingly, he chuckles as he waves his hand dismissively. "It's fine, I guess it was old, anyways. Come in and take a seat," He gestures to the seats in front of him.

I awkwardly walk towards it and sit with a clunk. "So, what is your name?" He asks, still chuckling.

I smile at him nervously, fidgeting with the bottom of my shorts. "I'm Rin Suzuki, but you can call me Rin, I guess. I mean, of course you would call me Rin, that's my name. Um, anyways, well, Guy and Kakashi told me to come here and talk to Hokage, so yeah. You're the Hokage, right? I mean, you're the one sitting in the Hokage office behind the Hokage desk and yeah. I'm not really sure why I'm even here, but-- um, I should probably stop talking, right?"

Why am I so nervous? I'm always completely fine while talking to important people because of my dad's influence. I mean, I've talked to the President of the United States and Queen of England pretty easily! This should be easy compared to that.

He smiles. "So, I'm guessing you ran into Guy and Kakashi outside of Konoha?"

I take a deep breath, trying to slow my speeding heart, but I only start rambling again. "Um, basically. I just saw them and kind of hit them by accident, but I think we're okay now. I don't really know how I got there, so yeah. In front of Konoha. Is this Konoha? I mean, the village. And I thought it was just my dad's prank again, you know, me being here. Sometimes, my dad takes me to places, like a survival camp thing. My dad can be really immature for his age, so yeah. I'm not sure where he is right now though." 

"Do you have anywhere to go?" asks Hokage, sincerely worried. "I mean, if your family is not around, you can stay until you find him, Rin."

I look at him in surprise. He... He sounds like he really cares.