Chapter 14: Shiori-san--!!

dedicated to PickledPuppy! thanks for reading and actually liking it! i feel like you're one of the only ones who actually enjoy this story... oh well. thanks very much! (:

guys, if you like the story, or rather, this is for any story you're reading. if you like what you're reading, vote for it! it really motivates the writers and makes us happy to know that people actually like what we're writing.

anyways,

happy reading, guys!

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

CHAPTER 14: SHIORI-SAN--!!

Rin's POV 

"Are we there yet?"

"Nope," I say. "Not yet."

"Are we there yet?"

"Nuh-uh," hums Ichigo, messing around with a pebble.

"Are we--"

Kyoko grinds her teeth and glares at Shiori-sensei, irritated by the incessant questions over the last couple hours. "If you don't stop asking, I swear I'm going to--"

Shiori-sensei laughs and pokes Kyoko's nose, saying, "You can't threaten me yet, you silly little Genin student of mine. You still have to develop your skills more. Anyways, it's entertaining to tease you like this~"

Kyoko groans, but grudgingly silences herself.

If she doesn't do anything, that means she recognizes Shiori-sensei's strength. Wow.

Ichigo sighs sadly after kicking her pebble into a puddle. "How much longer do you think this'll take, Rin?"

I shrug at glance at Kyoko. "Um... Kyoko--"

"We're here," she replies bluntly, stopping. We're on a hill, and in the distance, we can see aged buildings clustered in one huge circle. I can easily tell that the architecture is the same as the one in Konoha.

Ichigo sighs sadly. "It's not as big or shiny as I thought it would be..."

I silently agree with her. I mean, this is supposed to be the capital of the Country of Fire. Isn't supposed to be more, I don't know, glamorous? Advanced? Capital-y?

As we approach the gates, a small, tanned kid dashes up to us, smiling widely with excitement. He looks like he's ten years old, or maybe eight? His black hair bounces as he wiggles energetically, yelling,  "Excuse me, excuse me, but are you the people who're gonna help Master Kuroda find Natsuo-kun?"

"So the kid we're looking for is named Natsuo," mutters Kyoko. The Hokage didn't tell us who exactly we'd be looking for, and only instructed us to go to the client's village. 

"Yup, we are!" says Shiori-sensei. "So where's Kuroda?"

The kid taps his chin, thinking. "He's... sleeping? I'll bring you to his house! Oh, and I'm Kotaro! Master Kuroda's assistant!"

"Well then, Kotaro, onward march!" crows Shiori-sensei.

When we arrive at 'Master Kuroda' 's house, Kotaro starts panicking. "I forgot that I have to go check in with my parents! I'll be back in five minutes, but you guys go in first!"

He sprints off in a hurry.

"I guess we go in now?" Ichigo suggests.

"Yeah, good idea," I agree.