Chapter 11

Hey guys,

Please comment, vote, and follow!

UPDATE/EDITED: this has been edited, but that doesn't mean its perfect. If you still see any errors please point them out so I can fix them! Thank you!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 11

       "That Rex kid is waiting outside for you." Luce announced as her head popped into the open door of my room, her blue eyes flashing in the light of the window.

       "Really?" I couldn't keep the giant smile off my face as I sat on the floor tying my shoes. My heart jumped at the thought of Rex waiting like a gentleman at my doorstep, his hands shoved into his pockets and his sunglasses placed perfectly over his eyes. My stomach grew warm at the thought.

       "Yes really, and he's getting pretty impatient. It's annoying." I laughed as my big sister rolled her bright blue eyes and walked back down the hall.

       She's one to talk about being impatient. If that girl had to wait more than two minutes, everyone in a two-block radius would know about it. I didn't bother hiding my snicker as I jumped off the floor and threw my backpack over my shoulder.

       The weekend had flown by faster than anyone would have liked. When we got back from the pumpkin patch on Saturday, we all spent the rest of the day at Trey's, carving pumpkins and listening to music. It was the most fun I had in years. More than when Jax and I would sneak out and go to the movies.

       I was even able to convince Rex to help carve the pumpkin he picked for me! The other boys seemed rather surprised to walk into Trey's kitchen and find Rex elbow deep inside a gooey pumpkin. Apparently, they've never seen him do anything remotely related to fun before. I found that pretty funny.

       "Come on Roza, we're going to be late." Rex growled at the bottom of the stairs when I finally came bounding down a few moments later.

       "I'm coming- I'm coming." The smile that broke across my face at the sight of him was goofy and that of a love struck little girl. He blinked down at me, his cold eyes hard, and that emotionless mask set firmly over his face. But I was quickly starting to learn it was all a façade. Rex's thoughts and feelings seemed just as jumbled and messed up as mine.

       "Did you pack your lunch, Rose?" Luce called out from the kitchen as I stuffed that very same lunch into my backpack. Ever since Trey pointed out how gross the school's food was, I've been bringing a lunch with me to school every single day. It helped that Luce and Tate were always nice enough to make one for me too.

       "Yes!" I called back to her as Rex rolled his dark chestnut eyes, his hands shoved deep into his jacket's pockets- just like I imagined they would be.

       I looked down at the jacket he gave me, and my goofy smile only grew. The hoodies he gave me were way too big to wear in public without looking like an overgrown toddler, but that didn't stop me from lounging around the house in them all weekend. They were so comfy, and they smelled just like him. I never wanted to wash them.

       "Zip it up, its fucking cold out." Rex's voice was a dark growl as it pulled me from my thoughts, but I only laughed. I had been so happy the past few days that it would take a lot more than his grumpy growls to bring me down. My fingers fumbled with the metal zipper, but clumsy me got it jammed half way up.

       Dumb zipper.

       "I don't have any classes today. Do you want me to pick you up from school?" Luce asked as I fought uselessly with the zipper.