Best Friends Forever:Chapter One

Leah and Kayla were both 10.They were born in the same hospital,and born at almost the same time.Leah was born 15 minutes after Kayla,on the 5th of June.Their mothers were very good friends,and when they were 5 they went to the same kindergarten together.

When they were 7,they went to the same primary school together.Leah had silky blonde hair and pale skin whereas  Kayla had dark hair and her skin was a little darker.Kayla was always the mischievous one,pulling her classmate,Jane's,long ponytail and splattering paint everywhere whenever it was Art Lesson.As for Leah,she quietly did her work neatly and was always very shy to speak out in class.Kayla often shouted out the answers in class and their teacher,Mrs Namara,disliked Kayla's misbehaviour.Mrs Namara often said Leah was a good example and everybody should learn from her.

''Kayla,why can't you behave properly like Leah?''asked Mrs Keyes,her mother.Kayla shook her head.''I want to be unique,''she replied.''And so i won't behave;I don't want to copy Leah.''Mrs Keyes sighed.She was not sure if she had gotten the wrong baby in the hospital.She often wondered if Leah belonged to her.

At home,Kayla often melted her crayons on the radiator and banged all the pots and pans in the kitchen.She was a wild girl at home.Mrs Keyes simply could not control her daughter at all.As for Leah,she was the opposite.She read books and played with her dolls and ate without any mess.She always needed a tissue to clean up after eating and Leah disliked junk food.She was convinced junk food was bad for her.