Cinderella ✰ LJ [20]

Type: Fluff - Side note: I'm just going to say it, this is pure fluff. Solely, utterly, the epitome of fluff. Enjoy, lovelies.

The pretty noise had stopped — the melodies, the harmonies, the words being strung out of the brunette's mouth so sonically, the whole production of it located upstairs in her house was finished for the evening. The biggest grin on Lauren's face was evident after she had played back the current song she was creating, more than satisfied with the results.

She switched off the neon lights that brighten the room with various colors — blue, purple, and red. That was the setting she was vibing with at the moment, so it only made sense to be encouraged by the setting around her. She waltzed out the room, closing the door behind her.

She heard shuffling downstairs, knowing it was you, her precious girlfriend. An even wider smile was painted on her lips, and it would take a lot to wipe it off at this moment. The idea and reality of Lauren being placed into her own little world, also known as, her studio — it's where she can make magical things happen to the best of her ability, then, the girl gets to walk out of that world, run downstairs, and visit the lovely girlfriend she was head over heels for. For a few hours, perhaps, she can enter that world as well.

Unless Lauren was on tour or on any of her traveling trips, it was a common theme like this every week. Although you have your own apartment, she always convinces you to come over whether you have college homework or not. You don't mind because while you're studying or finishing homework, Lauren's up in her little cave. However, every night you spend at Lauren's Los Angeles house, you sleep over to wake up early in the morning and leave your girlfriend. Despite the fact this has happened to Lauren multiple times in the past, where she wakes up alone, she's still not over it. She loves the weekend because she knows you don't have to run anywhere.

And in which, it was Friday night. You just finished your weekend homework and now it's all pushed aside for the one thing you and Lauren love doing together — watching cute Disney movies.

The two of you will grab the most comfortable blankets and spread them all over the couch. Considering it was late December and it was one week shy from Christmas, every blanket was necessary.

Lauren flew the hood on top of her head as soon she felt a rush of coldness fly toward her. She confirmed her studio was a lot warmer than the rest of her house. Folding her arms together for warmth, she stepped down the stairs and sauntered into the room. She felt content, to say the least.

Her eyes landed on you. No other light was evidently shining on you other than the TV, flashing Netflix, and the large Christmas tree sitting beside the TV on its table stand. The lights on the tree were sorted in various colors, similar to the studio upstairs, though, there was a larger variety of colors. Including green, red, blue, purple, and orange. The tiny LED lights scattered around the tree like the blankets scattered on the couch. Despite you not being wrapped up in either of them, you were simply sitting on the couch with a castle of blankets around you. You were waiting for Lauren so the two of you could seek comfort together.

You sent a smile Lauren's way once you were aware of her presence, "Hello." you greet.

Lauren waved before skipping over to you like a bright and bubbly six-year-old. She hopped on the cushion next to you and wrapped a few blankets around you both while you continued browsing through Netflix. Lauren's arms snaked around your waist, dragging you down to lay beside her. The absolute only thing separating the two of you happened to be part of the blanket, though, your legs were tangled together. Lauren was planting tiny kisses on your bare shoulder, you were wearing a sleeveless band tee with sweats. A hand of Lauren's fidgeted with the gold bracelet you received from a close relative of yours so it had a very valuable meaning, which was placed around your unoccupied hand.

"What film are we watching tonight?" Lauren asked, resting her chin on your shoulder. Your head turned on your side of the pillow you were sharing with Lauren. 

"I was thinking 'Big Hero 6'." You said.

"Didn't last time you said you would pick 'Cinderella' next?" Lauren said, her eyes watching the screen that had the option of Big Hero 6 hovering over the Play bar.

"I thought about it, but I need my Bay Max fix, at the moment." You joked, earning a giggle from your girlfriend.

She shrugged her shoulders, "It's okay, I have my Cinderella right here anyway." she pressed yet another kiss on your shoulder.

Heat instantly rose to your cheeks and since you weren't in the position where you could bury your face into her neck, you clicked Play on the movie and tried stuffing your face into the pillow. With your girlfriend right beside you, she could easily witness your flustered state. 

"You're such a flirt." You claim, which comes out a bit muffled due to your face a couple inches deep into the pillow.

Lauren broke out into a fit of giggles, "Yeah, but you love it." she said. 

You lifted your head up from the pillow and twisted your neck to lock eyes with your girlfriend, honestly, just to roll your eyes at her. "Yeah, sure, that's it." You say, sarcasm noted in your voice.

"Yup and you love how I'm only a flirt for you." She pokes your nose, continuing her string of adorable antics.

"Well, I would hope so." You smile.

"Of course," She assures, adding a loving squeeze to your waist, "plus, it's only fun making you flustered."

Once again, you rolled your eyes. "Yeah, and the worst part is that you're good at it."

-

Reminder: so, I have a new book out called 'Strangers On A Screen', it's also a Lauren fanfic! Please check it out if you're interested.