Worth It ✰ LJ ⚠️ [15]

If you are triggered by mentions of depression, anxiety, and insecurities, please do not read forward. 

You threw your heavy backpack across the room, the loud thump not affecting you. You jumped on top of your bed, climbing inside the covers. Although you had a few assignments due Monday, it could wait while you were practically having a mental breakdown. It was Friday and you were grateful because you didn't have to worry about showing up to school the next day.

You grabbed your headphones off the nightstand, laying them over your ears. You plugged the cord into your phone. You pushed the home button, eliciting the screen on. After typing in your password, you clicked on the Spotify icon. Searching up Panic! At The Disco, you pressed shuffle to play all songs belonging to your favorite band. You dropped your phone beside you and closed your eyes. You closed out the world, getting lost in the music that's helped you through so much.

Tears would rush down your cheeks, not to mention the fact your cheeks would burn up at the sudden contact. You were constantly wiping your tears away until you felt your hand collide with another. Startling you, you removed the headphones from your head and opened your eyes. Lauren, your girlfriend, stood before your bed. A concerning look painted on her face, no smile was evident, and no look of happiness could be spotted in her eyes. Despite she looked adorable in her blue and white varsity jacket, the expression on her face was hard to ignore.

What held in Lauren's hands was a poetry book with a tiny rose placed in one of the pages to not lose its place. You were curious about her presence. You didn't mind she was visiting, in fact, you loved having her over, but you didn't receive any text or call that she was coming over. You could've not started to break down when you got home and just bottle up your emotions until she was gone.

"Lo, what are you doing here?" Your voice came out hoarse due to your tears clogging up your throat. "Not that I don't want you here, I'm just curious."

"I wanted to show you a cool book I bought today. You didn't get my text?" Lauren asked.

"Uh, no. I've sort of been here, trying to drown out the world for a couple hours." You said.

"Do you want me to leave?" Lauren's lips would have formed a pout if you said yes but nonetheless, she would understand why you wanted to be alone.

"No, stay. I don't want you to leave." You shot your hand out to lock with hers. Lauren's eyes diverted away from you and onto your hand intertwined with her own, a small smile creeped up on her lips.

"Are you sure?" She asked, biting her lip to resist the smile begging to form bigger.

Your finger stroking hers, "Yeah, you're the only person I want to see right now." you replied.

Lauren set her book on the nightstand before dropping her backpack next to yours. She climbed in the bed beside you while you set your headphones on the nightstand, along with your phone. Lauren's ponytail poked into the pillow under her as she rested her head. You faced your girlfriend, which you admit it's difficult to not admire her. When she's wearing her softball varsity jacket that she's so proud to own, the very faint makeup on her face, and the smell of artificial watermelon from her lip gloss, it was difficult beyond words to not admire her.

Under the covers, you felt Lauren's fingers continue to intertwine with yours. "Baby, what's wrong? Why are you sad?" Lauren frowned. You believed it was stupid what you were crying over so you immediately kissed her frown away to reassure her.

You claim, "It's dumb."

"It isn't if it's bringing you to tears," Lauren said, pecking your lips.