Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“I don’t like this,” Dylan said.

He was looking ahead, trying to avoid my gaze.

“I need to make this right. If you don’t want me to see him, then I need to call him. Now that you’ve accepted me in your pack, I can’t mind link with him anymore,” I explained.

I reached out for his hand, and he didn’t pull away from me. It was a start.

We were going to be making a stop in the next hotel.

It had taken almost an hour to convince Dylan to let me call Nicolas. It took me another hour to convince him to let me call Nicolas in private.

I knew Dylan wouldn’t be able to handle hearing what Nicolas would say. As it was, Dylan was angry about the bite in my neck.

There was a small hotel about twenty minutes away, which stood on the side of the same road we were on. It would be the only lightly populated place we’d pass in the last few hours.

“I can deal with this situation without having you talking to him,” Dylan tried convincing me.

On the way to the hotel, I told him everything that happened between Nicolas and me. I didn’t want to, but Dylan insisted.

I was glad that Nicolas hadn’t forced me to mate. I only had the bite to talk about.

Unfortunately, Dylan also wanted details on how we came to be. He didn’t understand how my father and Alpha Jackson could arrange a marriage between Werewolves. I wasn’t sure who he hated more- Nicolas, Alpha Jackson, or my dad.

As much as I kept telling him that Nicolas had been good to me, Dylan didn’t want to hear anything. He kept repeating that what they did was wrong.

“I need to do this. I’m not going back, but he deserves an explanation. Nicolas is a good man,” I said.

My words made him flinch, and I hated that.

I just couldn’t antagonize Nicolas when he’d done so much good for me. He never forced me into doing anything. He saved me from my own pack. Nicolas was the one that made me realize Alpha Jackson was not only a bad person, but a bad leader.

“Eric is going to stand outside while I go have a word with Jace,” Dylan said.

I was sitting down on the bed, with Dylan’s cell phone in my hand. Dylan was standing next to the door, looking reluctant to leave.

“Alright,” I nodded.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay? Maybe Nicolas will want to speak with me,” Dylan asked.

I shook my head, and smiled at him.

“Take your time with Jace. I don’t want you hurrying me.”

I gave him a pointed look.

He chuckled, despite how unhappy he was with what I was about to do.

“I’ll give you enough time. If you need me, call me through our link or tell Eric,” Dylan said.

I stood up to give him an extra push out the door, since he hadn’t taken a step closer to it.

“Go,” I said to him.

He pressed his lips against mine, making me breathless with just his touch.

“I love you Leila,” he said, before stepping out the door.