Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Luna, where do you want us to put these?” Martin asked me.

They were helping me set up the small tables around the back area of the house. It had taken Nicolas and Robert almost a month to coordinate dates with the other packs. Nicolas and Robert had both agreed it wouldn’t be the best idea to have so many Alphas in the same place at once.

We were going to be hosting Alpha Marcus from New Elite, who was about to pass the title to his son in the next month. Alpha Derek, who had just taken over his pack as Alpha, was also joining us as well.

Nicolas told me he was closer to both Marcus and Derek, than the rest of the Alphas.

I was curious about that, since I always assumed he was best friends with Alpha Jackson- but I didn’t question him about it. I decided the last thing I needed were memories of Alpha Jackson ruining my night.

Other than them- Nicolas said he had invited Alpha Anthony from Mountain Peak and Alpha Dylan from Midnight Moon. Both Anthony and Dylan hadn’t confirmed yet- but we were still preparing to receive them.

“Set them around the edges, but make sure they aren’t too close to the trees,” I told them, signaling to the markings I’d made earlier in the morning.

The day had been hectic. Nicolas had been running around all morning- getting things that I had forgotten to add on the list.

“How are things going here?” I heard Nicolas ask from behind, as he snaked his hands around me and rested them on my stomach.

“They’re going good, but I’m beat,” I whined, resting my back against him.

He laughed next to my ear, and placed a kiss against my cheek.

“Everything else is done. If you want, you can go upstairs and rest or get ready- whichever you want to do,” he said, as he trailed kisses along my neck.

I looked around at the backyard. The decorations were up, and the stage was set. The only thing missing were the tables, but those were already in place.

“I’ll take you up on that offer. I want to take a nap before tonight,” I admitted, as I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Alright,” he said, leaning down to kiss me.

He only brushed his lips against mine, before I pull away.

“I can’t wait for this night to be over,” I groaned, as I rested my head on his chest.

Nicolas was well aware that I wasn’t looking forward to tonight.

“It’ll be fine. I think you’ll have fun,” he said, putting his hand under my chin to make me look up at him.

I rolled my eyes, but didn’t argue.

There was no point in starting with the same thing once again. All week I had been trying to talk him out of this celebration. I had no interest in meeting the other Alphas.

Nicolas said I had to make an appearance. They had to know his pack now had a Luna.

Only one thing was putting a damper in the situation, but I didn’t dare bring it up.

Robert had been asking Nicolas almost every day for the past two weeks why we hadn’t mated yet. He told me about it once, but he didn’t bring it up again. I was well aware that Robert still kept asking.