Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Before my Wolf could process what was happening, I felt Nicolas’ teeth sinking into my skin.

I cried out when the pain from the bite surfaced. Nicolas held me tighter to his body, his fingers digging into my skin to pull me impossibly close to him. Just as fast as he’d bit, his teeth were gone.

The area where he had bit me was pulsating. I could feel my heartbeat faster than usual.

“It’s alright,” Nicolas said, carrying me over to the bed. By this point, my Wolf was already freaking out.

Nicolas laid me down on the bed, getting himself beside me as he held my hand. I could see his lips were tinted in red from my blood.

“Are you better?” Nicolas asked me after a few minutes of silence. Tears had been quietly sliding down my cheek. He was holding my hand tightly. Every time he saw a tear, he would slide his thumb over my cheek to clear it up.

I nodded, not wanting to worry him more.

The only thing I kept worrying about was that he would want to mate right after. I was surprised he had claimed me just like that. I had expected him to claim me while we were mating. It was the best way to make the claim stand- especially because we weren’t mates.

“We should go to bed. It’s been a long day,” he told me, while caressing my cheek. He pressed his lips on my forehead, before getting up from the bed.

I tried getting comfortable, without moving my neck too much. I could already feel Nicolas’ bite healing.

In a few minutes, or an hour from now- it would only show a faded bite. It was something so small, but it meant so much.

I now belonged to Nicolas.

He returned from the closet, with some clothes in his hands.

“You should change into these,” he said, handing me a pair of silk small shorts and tank top.

I smiled, and took it from him.

When I attempted to get up from the bed, he placed his hand over my thigh, making me stay in place.

“I’ll go get you some water. You can change here, that way you won’t be moving around too much,” he said, smiling at me.

I nodded, as I watched him go.

I left the dress on the edge of the bed, not wanting to get up to put it away. When Nicolas returned, he placed the dress on the couch.

I wasn’t really thirsty, but I still drank the water he’d brought me.

It wasn’t long before we were both lying down on the bed. I was facing away from him, hoping to hide the tears that were now falling. Nicolas was pressed really close behind me, with his hand safely wrapped around my waist.

He seemed happy, and I was grateful for that. After all, at least one of us deserved to be happy.

I drifted off to sleep, thanking the Gods that Nicolas hadn’t tried to mate with me yet.

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. The time told me it was past midday. I was shocked that I had slept for so long, and wondered why Nicolas hadn’t woken me up.